Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

a place to post about all things Sephora Favorites sets: past, present and future. Have a question, please ask.  Have a review, please post.  Have pics, please show us. These sets are one of my favorite things about shopping at Sephora. I get to try a bunch of products for a lower price and always end up finding some HG items. 

Today, I got the Sephora Favorites: Beauty on the Fly. It was $42 plus ebates was at 8%.  For me, I've either been wanting to try all of these items, or have tried and really like them. 

More pics and thoughts in the first post. 

image.jpeg

Re: Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

There's no charging option on the Luna play as it's meant as a trial of the Luna to see if you want to splurge on the regular full size/mini Luna. I already have the mini so I wish the set didn't have the Play. "Worth it" is subjective...depends if you like some of the other products in the set. I would think for someone who ilkes some of the products and wants to try the Luna but doesn't want to splurge on the device or the ridiculous amount of money the disposable Play costs, it would be a good set to buy.

Meh. That's how I feel about it. lol I don't know but I'm not excited. Last year's was better to me- I loved everything!

Sephora will discontinue Luna play soon so I guess that was the reason why they put Luna Play in this set??!! By the way, this set is not totally worth the money if you cannot use them all. Concealer and loose powder are for fair to medium skin tone. I hope all of Sephora Favorites Sets have exactly sample formulas as original packages. Down here is the list of price:

Estée Lauder eyeshadows stick $22
Becca shimmer $16
UD lipstick full size $17
Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner full size $19
Foreo Luna $39👎🏻
Nars concealer $5.27
Laura Mercier loose powder 0.33oz $23
Benefit brown $7.20
Tarte mist $2.40

Glam Glow $17.25
Beautyblender $20 is just overpriced, you can get exactly same product for $3-6 each

What do you mean the concealer is not for fair to medium skin tone? I have light skin and I use Custard for concealing spots and under eye circles. 

I also don't understand when you say it's not worth the money. If I add up all of your numbers I get $188. Is paying $75 for $188 not worth the money?

Even removing the Luna play and the beautyblender, you're still getting ~$130 worth of stuff.Maybe not a STEAL, but you will get your money's worth even if you use a few products.

Great breakdown. I can't use the concealor & don't need anymore eyeliner or Becca skin perfectors, so it's a pass for me. But the Beautyblender is a great addition. I've tried all those supposed "dupes" but none of them are the same. Even the Real Techniques sponge is good but different. 

The loose powder is translucent, meaning it's for any skin tone. It has no color.

Oh, I didn't read that carefully. Haha

i'm so stoked about this one that i'm considering buying a second set. practically everything in it had things i wanted to try, already liked, or would use. the only thing i can't use is the ka-brow, but the concealer is my exact shade, so im not even going to complain. plus i've been wanting to try out the tarte spray, but it never seems to be in stock.

Same here but i wish that luna wasnt disposible 😞

Not sure why that posted upside down, but in case anyone was thinking about the $24 scouted favorites sets, here's what I received today. Next to the recent Sephora flyer for size comparison. Probably gonna take this one back for the beauty sleep one instead. The wander crayon is too sheer and none of the other products really felt worth while. Might make a nice stocking stuffer type giftimage.jpg

The Grande lips applicator top broke off on me and now it's dangling in there... 

Good to know. I was unsure about it, but now I think I'll pass on it. Cute packaging though.

Just FYI in case anyone else was wondering, one of the SA's at my local store said they are putting out the holiday sets next week, but she was nice enough to check stock in the back for me when I asked for a bite holiday product (there's actually another set of the lip pencils they've done in the past but bolder! Not just the amuse bouche minis)

hope that's helpful to anyone else wondering! 

P.S. Has anyone purchased the beauty sleep set yet? It's supposedly a $90 value and for $30 that's 60% off! 😳😱

Yes, I got the Beauty Sleep kit (ordered it along with Glow For It.) Absolutely love it - both kits are worth their price!

@Harobedb Did you feel the sizes of the Sunday Riley, farmacy and Algenist were pretty generous?

I was wondering the same thing...I am so tempted by this one. 😉

I got mine today and really like it. The farmacy balm did leak a little but there is a plastic protector inside so it wasn't too bad. I really like or wanted to try all the products, so think it's worth it. The Sunday Riley is a generous size and the farmacy/algenist are decent.

I'm not that satisfied with the Glow For It kit. I wanted to love it but the Hourglass is too dry, ashy, and cool toned. Don't really want to have to take an extra step and apply it wet to achieve the finish I want. The Lancome is so beautiful and has an amazing texture but it seems a bit dark for me. I'm not interested in the oils. I love the benefit. And I don't value the liquid Opal much. I feel like I already have the highlights I need, and the ones that I want just aren't in this set. Idk if it's worth it to me -- it's such a good price though -- I might want to rather spend that money on a luminous finishing powder since I already have Becca Opal, Becca Moonstone from the other Sephora Favs kit, and Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight. I'm testing out the YSL Divine Light but it's very dry and emphasizes texture and pores. A great finishing powder but not strong enough for highlighting. I figure that if I'm dropping $70 on a powder like that I might as well go with Guerlain (bc I love them :P)

I caved and bought it, I'm waiting for it to come in but now I'm not so sure I'll like the Hourglass so much. I don't care for cool-toned highlights 😕 

It's good to hear your thoughts - I've been debating getting this set, but like you, I probably don't need most of what's in there.

Have you tried any of the Colourpop highlighters?  From the Glow for It kit, I'm interested in the Lancome one the most, but have heard it's similar to the CP ones, which are obviously a much lower price.

Anonymous Insider

I have many Colourpop highlighters and I would say the difference between them and the Lancôme one is how long they stay. I think the Colourpop ones are 3-4 hours wear and the Lancôme ones 6ish hours. Colourpop ones are very smooth but thin, the Lancôme finish is more thick and luxurious feeling. 

testing