Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

a place to post about all things Sephora Favorites sets: past, present and future. Have a question, please ask.  Have a review, please post.  Have pics, please show us. These sets are one of my favorite things about shopping at Sephora. I get to try a bunch of products for a lower price and always end up finding some HG items. 

Today, I got the Sephora Favorites: Beauty on the Fly. It was $42 plus ebates was at 8%.  For me, I've either been wanting to try all of these items, or have tried and really like them. 

More pics and thoughts in the first post. 

image.jpeg

Re: Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

Hahahaha same. It's my own photo but when I looked back at it I didn't know where it was 😂

Right? I knew it was going to be small but I wasn't expecting it to be THAT small... 

Spoiler

1. My ebates for the soko sets are not $5 anymore. They're $1. Check your ebates accounts. booo

2. And my 2nd soko set is split up in two shipments. My tatcha is coming from Perryman, MD and will get here first but the rest of the order, which has my becca promo is still in preshipment from what I assume is Salt Lake City. I have a feeling I won't be receiving the becca promo.

3. I received my first soko set yesterday and all my samples were switched out. They were actually pretty nice samples but it doesn't change the fact that I didn't get what I previously chose. I've had switched out samples before, but all three?

*****quickie thoughts on the soko set****

----The boscia peel gel is so gimmicky. It comes out like a regular clear gel then when you rub it in, it congeals into what feels like scrubbed off dead skin. It fools people into thinking it's your own skin but it's not. So. unbelievably. gimmicky. Frickin parlour tricks, seriously.

-----I've tried the belif moisture bomb before and I love it, yet to try the moisture cream. I think they're just regular moisturizers though. I got 2 of the duos, whoo backups.

-----amorepacific spray isn't a very fine mist at all. It left large droplets on parts of my skin. I felt soaked. Nice smell and nice moisturizing feel though.

-----I haven't tried the Skin inc. but it looks alright. It looks like a clear gel. I'm hoping it's great since it has the most value out of all the choices, and I got two! One is in the 2nd set I will hopefully receive soon, (with everything intact!)

>_<

crossposting from the pet peeves thread, thoughts on the set and some peeves. PS One of the peeves is about how the ebates on the soko is fixed, siiigh no $5 cash backs daarn.

Well **bleep**... I got like 3 of the Bosicas...

The Boscia peeling gel is great . I use it as a back up when my PTR peeling gel runs out . It does remove the  dead skin layer on top and it does it in a gentle way . you do need to allow it to sit there for a few moments because it has acids that  help remove the top layer of dead cells .    when the weather turns in the winter or when summer first starts and we have the AC running  full blast ..I tend to use it on my hands also .

awh I'm sorry about that!

Tricks aside, I will say it does make my skin feel cleaner. 

The Skin Inc. does look nice but my tube is mostly full of air and there's no way there's .68oz of product in it. 😞

I agree!  Sending mine back for that reason and also because it burns my face.

Well I got 3 Skin inc tubes and I've used it on my face for the last two nights. The second time I used it I squeezed lots of air out with the product and it felt like half of the tube was over. I think that a tube may only last me 4-5 uses max. I don't think I'm using that much so am surprised this is finishing so quickly. I love it though, my skin feels awesome and it has already gotten rid of some stubborn dry patches that I have had for weeks.

I looked at the tube and compared it to a PTR that is 1oz. They are almost identical in length and width. If you imagine .68oz of product in the PTR, I think it's pretty consistent with how much air can be in the tube. (Also, you can divide the tube roughly in thirds, then 1oz - .68oz = .32oz of air)  I hope this helps! @pastelflowerptr width.jpgptr length.jpg

I got the Chic It Easy, and I love the Nars lipstick, but I'm not sure the rest of the kit was worth it to me. I'm still trying to figure out the best use of the YSL. I was super curious about it, but the reports of being able to substitute it for under eye concealer are highly exaggerated.

I bought three of the Soko to Tokyo. I bought one with a variety of items, only two Dr Jart+. I love that bb cream. Then I realized how much cheaper it is per oz to buy it in the Soko to Tokyo kit than it is to buy the full size, so I went a little nuts and ordered two of them with just the Dr Jart+ bb cream. I know it expires in January, but I'm not worried about it being a little expired. I'll just store it carefully. It's such a bargain.

Now I feel like I am done buying makeup for a while.

Just mail everything to me 😉

@InsomniacmuffinI absolutely MUST ask you about your profile pic! I LOVE cats and your picture is extraordinarily interesting! Is it your baby?

@Smeegle hint: google "cat with makeup" 😄

@poohblueberry OMG!!! I did and I am laughing SOOO hard!!! SOOOOOOO cuteeeee!!!!

@Insomniacmuffin You are too darn freakin' CUTE!!! I wanna pinch your cheek (your upper one) when you're so CUTE!!! 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

Ok so I plan to order the soko to tokyo set and want to get 2 of one item and 3 of another item.  For others who have done this, did you get any issues from Sephora? Or did your order arrive a-ok?

I ordered 2 of the Tatcha, but those arrived in my shipment just fine! My Amore Pacific, however, was missing from my order :(((

My order of five of the same item only came with one. I sent them a facebook message with photos of my packing slip and order, and they sent out the missing items immediately. So I guess the issue is that packing people aren't expecting orders like that and there's a higher chance of them misreading the packing slip.

@sabrinas I ordered 5 of the same item and had no issues! 

Lol! Oh wow haha nice, what did you get? I want 3 of the skin inc masks and 2 of the tatcha powders!

7 Replies
testing