For those who are reading this, you are probably wondering why I am posting this. I thought that it would be a good time to.. share. As we all know, girls are looking at magazines, only to compare a model's beauty with their own. This results in poor self esteem, especially when they do not meet the so called "standards" of the beauty community.
Well, I think it is time to break that.
Why am I posting? Well, I think it is time that we all sit back and find that beauty that we have (external, at the moment), and point it out. What do I want you to do? Find two things that you love about your appearance. It can be anything really, and share them with the whole forum. What do you say? Shall we help to spread a positive message?
What I Love about my Appearance:
1. My Scarring: I will be honest, I have quite a bit of scarring - some including some acne scars as well as an assortment of other things. However, I don't like hiding them at all. For me, it add a bit more character towards my face. It shows that I - like many people out there - am not perfect and therefore, I do not expect myself to be. I accept who I am and deal with it.
2. How Young I Look: I am twenty-five, I barely look like I am eighteen. I guess this is because of how well I have taken care of my face. I started to take care of it at a rather young age, only to improve my skin maintenance as I grew older.
Re: Self Beauty
1. My pasty white complexion. I struggled against this for so many years because tan is supposed to be "healthy, beautiful." That's fantastic for ladies with natural complexions in the tan range. I'm not one of them- and I've taken a lot of abuse (aka "owww... your legs are so white they hurt my eyes!). Now, my skin is healthy and undamaged from the sun. It also makes my (not so natual) bright red hair look like I was born with it.
2. How young I look/how great my skin is. Since I struggled against the pro-tan movement and have taken care of my skin, it looks amazing. I get carded regularly. I figure since
since I only have one face, why not take care of it?
3. My awful eyesight. I've struggled with bad eyesight since I was literally 5 years old. I was ashamed of my thick glasses growing up and started wearing contacts at 12. Well, a few months ago, I learned that I'd done damage to my eyes by wearing super high strength contacts for decades with little break. It's been a rough couple of months (and learning how to do my makeup all over again since I'm legally blind without my glasses), but I appreciate the character that glasses add to my face.
Re: Self Beauty
Hi starletta, I started wearing glasses when I was 5 also! That's terrible about your eyes, I hope they are ok and that you can still get 20/20 with glasses. just curious, what types of contacts were you wearing? I remember long ago I had to get gas-permeable rigid ones (for some reason soft lenses wouldn't work with my prescription) which were super uncomfortable and I was always rubbing my eyes which caused scratches on my cornea! These days I'm able to use soft lenses, but my eyes still get itchy so I'm in glasses most the time. I don't mind wearing them to work anyways, makes me look more serious.