Sample Packet Challenge

kalex

Sample Packet Challenge

I don't know about you ladies but I have at least 562 sample packets in my possession.  In the "Project 10 Pan" spirit I thought we could challenge ourselves to see how many samples we could use up in a month.

I'm already at 2 with the Naked Body Butter and Hourglass foundation samples I used this morning.  Anyone want to "compete" with me?

wendyomgwar

Re: Sample Packet Challenge

I'm actually really good at this once I set my mind up to it lol.

I used up 20 samples in a week once when I was on vacation, I can't compete right now though, I'm so close to finishing a lot of my deluxe/ full sized items! Lol

kalex

I'm still working through some deluxe sample items too!  You can always post those in the Deluxe Sample Edition post of Project 10 Pan.

My husband is going to start wondering why I'm saving bags of empty bottles and foil packets. I can hear it already,

Him: "Why are you saving garbage?"

Me: "Well... I'm going to take a picture of all the empty packets and post it on a makeup website..."

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Hahah, I had to explain myself too when I kept all my empties for August. I was pretty proud of my progress going through packets/minis though, I posted a picture in the empties board at the start of September. :smileyvery-happy: 

wendyomgwar

My mom threw away my empty sample packets -.-

I was so upset lol

I was all MOM! I was gonna take a picture of that... yeaaaah lol

Nicrohr

[ Edited ]

Ha, this is a GREAT idea!  I have this problem as well.  Whenever there's a bag with free samples in it, that's when I place an order (Beauty.com just had a HUGE bag, too).

I will jump on board for the month of September!  Perhaps to keep motivated and focused on this challenge we could occasionally update on our used sample count, or favorites (or big dislikes)!

I had been possibly saving some for a traveling box -- but I have travel and deluxe samples for that anyway!  I can focus on using foils this month.

divagirl90

I'll join the challenge. I have a ton of Birchbox and Sephora samples to get through.

Esdee

I'm in!  I have no idea how many packets I have, but I know I've got a ton of them; I keep having to get new containers to sort them into!  I've actually been trying to work my way through the various BB cream samples I have, in order to find one that's not too dark for me, but I haven't used any yet today.

Does it count if we empty a bunch of them into a travel-sized container for later use?  :smileywink:

kalex

^ no cheating! 

Esdee

(0) Hearts

Honest question!  :smileyvery-happy:  I'm going to a convention next week, and I was planning on emptying the dozen or more Bumble & Bumble shampoo/conditioner packets I've got into travel sized bottles so that I wouldn't have to fumble around with them in the shower.  Just didn't know if I should count the packets as used when I empty them into the bottles, or later when I use what's in the bottles.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

when you use what's in the bottle :smileywink: 

kalex

(0) Hearts

^ Agreed.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 136 replies