kalex

Sample Packet Challenge

I don't know about you ladies but I have at least 562 sample packets in my possession.  In the "Project 10 Pan" spirit I thought we could challenge ourselves to see how many samples we could use up in a month.

I'm already at 2 with the Naked Body Butter and Hourglass foundation samples I used this morning.  Anyone want to "compete" with me?

prosopon

Re: Sample Packet Challenge

I started strong and then slowly dropped off as the month continued.  I got through 16 either deluxe or regular samples.

image.jpg

kalex

My total is 24!

20131101_163324.jpg

prosopon

Great!

Nicrohr

Yay! Congrats :smileyvery-happy:!  

FireSpinner

I barely have any samples to use up, to start with lol

aviscardi

Too many samples. PLus trying different things all the time isn't good for anyones skin. I just add them when i sell on ebay

Missie772

I was doing so well... and then I started slacking because my skin got super dry and flakey (probably from switching from one thing or another daily)...

I used 12 after my husband threw out about 8-10. So 20... not bad! I wanted to get to 50 packets in a month!!!

kalex

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I didn't use a whole lot of skincare samples for that reason.  I would've started breaking out.  I usually try to accumulate at least a few of the same sample so I can use the same product for more than a few days.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Oh! Thanks for that little tip! I will accumulate a few of the same skincare products and use it for a few days so I don't constantly switch!

DTalksAll

I was terrible. Besides a bunch of DDG pads, I think I used maybe less than 10 sample packets :smileysad: 

kalex

Only 5 days left!  How's everyone doing?

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

hehe, i gave away literally 50+ in the TSB but am slacking on using things up myself.

I am going to count today or tomorrow I hope and post a count for October :smileyvery-happy:.

I perhaps mistakenly included all my samples, even if they weren't packets (i.e. little tubes or vials), too!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Okay I used about 20-25 samples in September (I lost count darnit, but that's pretty close).  Several of those were deluxe, not just foil packets.

I have only used like 5 in October though, I need to step it up :smileyvery-happy:.  My goal was to use 30 in October and I am way behind!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

My goal was 10 and so far I am at 8! I didn't realize that I had low balled my goal.  So midway into the challenge I am upping the ante to 18 sample packets!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I am slacking at the moment - mostly because I am using some in-store-made sample clams, and some deluxe samples.  They are taking forever to use up :smileywink:, so I am down on sample use and foil packette use!

But I did recently use a Kiehl's no shine hydrator sample packette!

I am working on D-Scar by Kate Somerville, Clinique Spot treatment, Shishedo Ibuki Moisturizer, FAB and KORRES Cleansers, and a few other deluxe samples.

mimibel

image.jpgI'm doomed to sampledom, I fear...anyone else tempted? 

http://www.sephora.com/countdown-to-love-advent-calendar-P382074

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

I'm getting it for sure :smileyhappy:

mimibel

I've used up 5/10 Algenist and an Ole Henrickson oil. The Algenist got sting-y and made my face rough, it's working well... so I'm slacking off for a few days so I can use my regular size Boots No7 Glycolic Peel. Then I'll use the other 5. This thread is a great motivation. But I'm getting a slew more samples from Shu Uemura with recent orders so still they are backing up! The Ole oil in a foil packet was a MESS, but I liked the product. 

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Ew I super disliked the Ole oil! :smileyhappy:  Smelled like fish, messy, hard to apply, yuck. hehe

mimibel

I could definitely smell the vitamin in it! Since it was a foil, it all just sloshed out so quick, rub it face, hands, neck, arms, lol, good thing my hair was back! Then I let it sit while in the bath and toweled myself gently. The smell was gone and my skin was velvety. So i know Rose hip oil and I can get along well, good to know! I don't think I'll buy it though because I'm in love with Korres Greek Yogurt sleeping facial. Much nicer. 

Nicrohr

Well, that sounds awesome when you put it that way!  Great bath idea!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 136 replies
  • 162 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • jxw200