kalex

Sample Packet Challenge

I don't know about you ladies but I have at least 562 sample packets in my possession.  In the "Project 10 Pan" spirit I thought we could challenge ourselves to see how many samples we could use up in a month.

I'm already at 2 with the Naked Body Butter and Hourglass foundation samples I used this morning.  Anyone want to "compete" with me?

mimibel

Re: Sample Packet Challenge

(0) Hearts

This is also a good idea, maybe I'll ask for multiples from now on. Though I'll likely ask for a little clamshell if it's in-store. 

Nicrohr

Ok guys this totally helped me get organized - here's

1. All the samples I have left for myself! A reasonable amount, I think.

20130930_124852.jpg

I'm also going to upload another pic or two, but it won't let me put them in this message after I upload one! weird.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Here's whats going on TSB #5 --TSB Photo.jpg

and here's my "vanity" all organized! (sorry blurry)

20130930_124829.jpg

prosopon

I am joining the game a little late, but I am totally on board for using up samples. My goal is going to be 10 samples in the month of October.  I would try to do more but my skin is so sensitive I can only try one new product at a time.

kalex

Welcome aboard!

I totally understand!  I have a ton of skincare samples but because I get breakouts I have to be careful with them.  I either have to accumulate enough packets of one sample to use for a week straight, or I have to use my normal skincare for a few days in between new samples.  It really slows things down!

bvnny

I used up 30 in September, hoping to do at least 30 in October as well.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

That's awesome.  I thought about this as "one a day"... I will strive to keep up with you! :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

I've been slacking & keep forgetting to save the packets. 

We're still doing this until the end of October right? 

Nicrohr

I am going to keep going in October!  I will keep watching this thread for your updates!

Because I am doing the TSB #5 later in October, I will run out of samples sometime in the next three weeksish, but that's a good thing :smileyhappy:.

I love to hear a quick like/hate or "LOVE and why" note when people have time, if there's a sample they felt strongly about.  Fun!

jojobe

I cannot seem to get my pics to go on here and I want to scream at technology sometimes...uggghhh..but I have to say I have been using my sample packs this last week and completed the following-

DDG glow pad (2)

Hourglass foundations samples (3)

Marc Jacobs Foundation

MJ concealer pen-- really like that one

Boscia BB cream -not so much

Tarte BB cream

Ole H. CC - kina like

Ole H cc eye cream - nice

Philosophy cinnamon buns bodywash- smells YUM-O

Boscia Moisutuizer- okay

Boscia purifying cleanser- like

Kat von D foundation- No like

Kat von D eyeliner Pen- liked it

UD eye primer (4) - well duh I love them

so I wish I could show you my bathroom corner because I have an entire wall  of products- Some I use daily and some are my daughters, but most are mine and that is just sad. it says to drag but it won't let me keeps asking if I want to leave my page

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I'm so excited, this has prompted me to organize my whole 'vanity' and med cabinet area.  I am going to take a pic of my newly culled sample collection, my make up area, and my samples for TSB #5 and share it with you guys :smileyvery-happy:.  Thanks so much for getting me motivated to do this!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

What is TSB? I need to do a clean out and organize of my beauty products and makeup too but I'm lazy, I'll have to set myself a good reward...

Nicrohr

TSB = Traveling Sephora Box.  Share samples - just search "TSB" in the search field on the main BeautyTalk page.  

I think we are on TSB #5, which I think is full, but you can read the thread and watch for a #6, or another share/give-away box!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you, I found it!  I was wondering...

Nicrohr

I've used about a dozen samples since we started!!!  I also set side an entire Sephora Bag FULL for TSBox #5! 

So that takes care of 85% of my samples :smileywink:.  Now to test the ones I just got.

Oh - and I'm giving ten away in my friends birthday gift, as a bonus gift to what i got her :smileywink:.

kalex

You're beating me!  I'm currently at 10.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

P.S. my bathroom garbage is full of tiny sample corpses :smileywink: lol.  

Have used since my last update:

More Algenist Serum Packettes (my FAV)

Murad Collagen Infusion

Murad Retinol Deep Wrinkle

Kiehls Lip Balm [deluxe sample not gone yet] (orig no color) - LOVE, love way more than their pink stuff and colored balms. no comparison.

Arcona Gentle Solution (nice gentle overnight 'facial')

Arcona White Ice

Dr. Brandt GLOW Ruby Crystal Retinol Creme (like it) [deluxe sample not gone yet]

Too Faced Better Thank Sex Mascara [deluxe sample not gone yet] - like it but kinda clumpy, needed a post-application brushing

Benefit Sunbeam (ouch irritated me)

On deck this week (next to open or use up):

SheaTerra RoseHips Black Soap 

REN Glycol Lactic Radience Renewal Mask

Murad Active Radience Serum

Algenist Pore Corrector Primer (I usually can't use silicone product but am trying this anyway bc I love Alg.)

Also - I HATED the Korres Sleeping Facial and I was so sad, I wanted to love it.  SOOO highly fragranced, big headache.  Actual product performance was ok not great or anything (was on my face before I realized the smell so I went with it overnight).

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Was it the Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial?  I love the smell and how it leaves my face!  Maybe because of my sinus issues, I don't get the full effect, but it does remind me of a little old lady, but slightly different.  Can't wait to see what I'm going to be getting!

kalex

I feel like I'm backpedaling! I got a TSB in the mail yesterday and have chosen no less than 8 samples out of it.  Gah!

divagirl90

I used up 3 samples yesterday - UD moondust sample, YSL concealer - I want this, and Benefit's the Porefessional.

nebel

Three more today!  A coola sunscreen sample, a kiehl's body lotion, and a face serum sample!  yay!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 136 replies
  • 163 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • jxw200