kalex

Sample Packet Challenge

I don't know about you ladies but I have at least 562 sample packets in my possession.  In the "Project 10 Pan" spirit I thought we could challenge ourselves to see how many samples we could use up in a month.

I'm already at 2 with the Naked Body Butter and Hourglass foundation samples I used this morning.  Anyone want to "compete" with me?

kalex

Re: Sample Packet Challenge

[ Edited ]

I finished up a lotion sample today and learned a valuable lesson in the process.  If a product says that it's a moisturizing cream for both body and hair; do not put it in your hair.  This is very ill advised.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

The only thing I use on hair that is made for skin too is Argan Oil, then again, I've been using hair oils for years. 

Cream though.... eh, I sometimes will run my fingers through my hair after I put on hand cream to add a tough of hydration to my ends. 

I had a friend in High School with spiral curls. To keep her curls soft and defined, she would apply 2 pumps of body cream to her wet hair, finger comb & let it air dry. I was always amazed how frizz free her hair was. 

wingatprsct

Ok.....that sounds really gross!  I will keep that in mind for future product sampling.  :smileywink:  I just hope you weren't planning on going anywhere special today!

kalex

Nowhere dry shampoo couldn't at least make my hair look acceptable!  The lotion did get rid of frizz.  Greasy and wet-looking hair doesn't look frizzy after all.  :smileywink:

consolvo

Okay, I'm in, but will be no competition for you guys! I'm just hoping it will spur me to use even a few. I'm so bad at this!!

I did gather the samples that were within reach, sorted them by use and found most of them fit nicely in an empty tea box!

I also pulled all the Full of Promise 2packs off the card and put them in a qt. sized baggy along with all the shampoo/conditioners.

One reason I am so bad at using them up is that I'm still chintzy with them! Last night I opened a sample of Korres Greek Yoghurt sleeping facial to use and I could have easily used all of it as one application, but no! I added 2 drops of beauty oil to stretch it. :/

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

I'm NEVER going to get through my samples!! I had all these small orders come in this past week, and am expecting a few more next week. Aaand, I went to Sephora today for a makeover and ended up buying something, and the sales associate -- who was amazing, btw -- hooked me up!! She gave me like 8 samples! This is all Sephora's fault. :-/ 

*jumps into pile of samples*

wingatprsct

The image of you rolling in samples, like a pile of leaves, is hilarious!  However, the sad part IS I could probably do it too!  I may just have to take a photo of me laying in all my samples and post it. :smileyhappy:  I think I seriously need to take this sample packet challenge.

nebel

I just got through a whole bunch!!!

Bumble & Bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner

**bleep**+Fab No Needle Fix Serum (x2)

Tocca Cleopatra body lotion

living proof frizz conditioning styling cream

shaveworks the cool fix targeted gel lotion

Thats seven! Great challenge, Kalex!

nebel

(0) Hearts

N i p + fab, another Sephora bleeping casualty!! good thing sephora doesn't carry the brand LOL!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Okay I used two more today - Korres Anti Aging Primer and Ole Henrickson oil (whew I hate that second one. good riddance...  I will use the other packettes of it that I have on my FEET!).

DTalksAll

Just to confirm... I have a ton of the DDG A/B pads, some I bought, some I got as free perks. Those don't count right? Before I go into full blown retinol for winter, I'm using the A/B pads every other day. I don't want to throw the packets out if they count. I mean technically they come in a foil pack, but I personally don't think it should be considered. Thoughts?!?!

kalex

(0) Hearts

I'm counting the packets I used yesterday.  I got them as a sample so... technically they're sample packets.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

hmmm maybe I'll only count up to 5 of them. I know I've gotten a lot of them as freebies, but I can't remember how many :smileysad: 

Nicrohr

Okay I opened three today (Neoderma Cuperose Cream, Algenist oil, and Keihls Microdermabrasion), one used and two are not used up yet!  

One thing I will do to use some up is use some nice anti aging and moisturizing products, esp ones too heavy or fragranced for my face, on the backs of my hands and my decollete   I'd love to hear others creative ways to use things up!

dolceloure

I'm in! I don't know how many I have, but it's definitely in the hundreds!

kissXmakeup

WHAT. 562 sample packets. That is a lot, to say the least. I have less than 100, but definitely more than 50. I have a plastic container that says Lost but Found on it, which was part of a senior project for my last semester of college. I use it for my samples now and I look into it every now and then to pull out whatever looks interesting at the moment. I have a hard time using them all up so I can't even imagine having as many as you do!

kalex

(0) Hearts

I don't know how many I have. I guess I should have made the number a little more obnoxious so it would be obvious I didn't actually count.  Sorry for any confusion!

CzaCee

holy moly. 562 sample packets? i can just imagine how overwhelming that can be.

personally, i tend to use the sample packets i receive around 2-3 after i get them. i just can't stand them sitting in my drawer. lol. and when i choose samples, i mostly just pick perfume samples because they're easier to use.

good luck on your challenge, kalex! :smileyhappy:

:heart:

Cza

kalex

I didn't actually count.  I apparently just suck at being sarcastic or obnoxious.  :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the luck!

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

dont those samples go bad after a while? sephora actually told me that!

mimibel

I know things with oils can turn or go rancid and vitamins loose potency. I think most sealed things have at least a year shelf life though. Good excuse to toss anything over a tear old though, that counts as getting rid off/clean out, right? :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 136 replies
  • 162 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • jxw200