Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

SUMMER ADVICE WANTED: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO FEEL BEAUTIFUL ON A HOT DAY?

summersummer.JPG

Anonymous Insider

Re: SUMMER ADVICE WANTED: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO FEEL BEAUTIFUL ON A HOT DAY?

Good to know! Disappointed and feel led on, my opinion of Sephora just took a nose dive.

Re: SUMMER ADVICE WANTED: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO FEEL BEAUTIFUL ON A HOT DAY?

The July box will be my first. So far, it doesn't look like anything I am going to use. Smashbox primer? Seriously old school and I wasn't impressed with it when it was new. And a bronzer, whoopie because I've already got a life time supply. beauty blender is the most overrated product in since Smashbox primer. Are the sample we pay for the ones you couldn't give away in the stores? I was excepting deluxe samples from Kat Von D, Becca, MUFE, Bite, UD, living proof, YSL, Marc Jacobs, Hourglass.......Id rather get 3 good samples that suit my profile than 5 or 6 I won't use.

you think that the beauty blender is overrated? You obviously have never used one. This little sponge is one of the most amazing multi use makeup applicators ever! Where can you get just 1 brush that you can easily blend in eye shadows, smudge eyeliner into perfection, effortlessly blend your bronzer, blush & highlighter into one, not three separate, but one flawless cheek bone? Or where can you get just 1 brush to apply camp on under eye dark circles, then apply coverup to any redness on your face, then go back and touch up the slight smudges of lipstick under you bottom lip AND then, gently dab your brows so that they lighten up to your specifications??

No where! Only the original BeautyBlend will do the job it would take for all of these brushes. 

I do do makeup and this is the handiest little thing I've come across yet! The minis are really awesome for your eye shadow and your concealers. The perfected airbrush look you get with the BeautyBlender is unmatchable with any brush or applicator I have ever had.

but honey if you have a better product for applying all of these cosmetics, I would love to know what it is because I will go out and buy it and give it a try myself. I'm always looking for bigger & better things. 

If if you've never used the BeautyBlender, give it a try, I thing you will totally fall in love with it and wonder how you put on your makeup all these years without it!

Bronzer, spf, and some tinted moisturizer!

So essentially, Sephora has figured out a way to charge people for a bunch of samples that they'd normally hand out for free. Who's being PLAYed here?

I'm sorry, but that isn't true.  The items included in the boxes aren't items "they'd normally hand out for free."  If they were, I'd be standing in line waiting!  I've been a subscriber since September, and the size of the items in each box haven't been the size of free samples you get with online orders.  Many are the deluxe sized "samples" in Sephora promos you can get with a $25 or $35 purchase, but they've never been the size of foil sample packets you get for free with online orders or by requesting a sample inside a Sephora store. A few of the items were full-size, too (some of the lip products, masks,beautyblender, etc).  You can click the links on the "play!" page to see the contents of each previous month's box since Sept, and you'll see the items aren't tiny samples you normally can get for free.  HTH

Oh snap!

Anonymous Insider

So many bad comments, this is my first box and I'm a Lil worried. Probably going to just sign back up with boxycharm. 

Spoiler

Anonymous Insider

never heard of that one, may need to check that out

Anonymous Insider

$21 a month for 4-5 FULL size items (sometimes they throw in a deluxe sized item also) by far the best beauty box I've ever seen. I regret not having it now lol. Definitely worth it. 

whoa that sounds amazeballs! This is my first Play!Box and so far nothing but an email leading to a lost video, not a good start. May have to look into this, thanks for posting!!!

Anonymous Insider

No problem. Look them up on IG that's how I found them. Plus you get points for reviewing the items that you can redeem in their shop, also get points for referring friends 🙂 items in the shop are pretty decent too. I think I just convinced myself to re-join. Oh! And when you sign up you will get THAT months box as long as you sign up before the month end. (That's how it was when I signed up a year ago, I believe it's still the same.) And no wait list 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

This is my first month, did I miss something?

Anonymous Insider

I feel the same way. Email said there was a "sneak peek" but nothing 

Thanks Jenn for  posting whats in the july box!..Couldnt find it at all in my sneak preview link..My first month and looking foreword to getting these!

I don't know how accurate it is, but it was posted on a site that reviews the boxes monthly. It will be my first box too.

What is in July's box?

this is so misleading! i got really excited to see the sneak peak.. i'm going to try this for a few months but if i get disappointed i'm OUT. Sephora should be doing better than this!

Clickbait. Smh sephora get it together.

Where is the sneak preview?  This is my first month with Play and I am disappointed.  

where is the sneak preview?

2 Replies
testing