Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

#SEPHORACHALLENGE - WHEN (date/year) DID YOU FIRST ENTER THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF SEPHORA???

Yesterday I got an email saying I was celebrating my TEN YEAR anniversary with SEPHORA.. (claps all around!!!) and it got me thinking if I could find my first ever purchase at the store I now know as my beloved.

Thank goodness for saved emails and search strings... and low and behold:

IMG_1938.JPG

So now I challenge you!!! (#SEPHORACHALLENGE) Tell us what your first ever Sephora purchase was and extra points if you can produce an actual receipt!

Re: #SEPHORACHALLENGE - WHEN (date/year) DID YOU FIRST ENTER THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF SEPHORA???

I've been a member since 2008! I wasn't really permitted to wear makeup growing up, so I knew basically nothing about makeup when I walked into that store. I let them pick everything for me. 

I will never forget how helpful the store manager was. She spent a lot of time picking things that would work for my skin tone and how much I travel, and she even taught me how to use it all.

I remember at the time there was a dollar spend limit that you weren't permitted to go over. I think it was $500? We had to split the purchase into two so the system would take it.

It was nearly dark by the time I left that store and the next morning I woke up early so I would have time to apply everything properly. I'm pretty sure the client didn't care or notice at all, but it made me feel better and more confident.

Re: #SEPHORACHALLENGE - WHEN (date/year) DID YOU FIRST ENTER THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF SEPHORA???

I know that I posted that I've been with sephora 10 years, but it's hard thinking back to what my first purchase was.  I think I ordered online and I'm pretty sure it was the Nars Turkish Delight lipgloss because I liked how it looked on Kim Kardashian LOL.

My first ever purchase at Sephora was actually at a SiJCP location near me and I picked up the UD Naked palette.

I received that email too, it's been 9 years since I signed up for BI. I started shopping at Sephora a few months before that, I wasn't really into make up but I was tired of drug store brands. I think my first purchase was a Urban Decay eye shadow single and a Sephora brand lipstick.

I received an email from Sephora a few days ago that stated I've been with the VIB Rouge program for 9 years! I had no idea it has been that long, here I was thinking that it has been more like 5 years 😂

IMG_0398.PNG

My first purchase at Sephora was whenever one opened in my city... It was definitely pre-2008, and I was still in high school 😮

I believe my first product would have been Tarte's Indelible Wink liner duo... all my other products were drugstore (I only spot applied foundation, and used blush, mascara and eyeliner back then). I think it wasn't until University that I switched most of my makeup over to Sephora!

I don't remember which year it was (2010?) but my first sephora purchase contained

too faced tinted balm in vanilla (I used to be tanned!)

benefit cream blush stick

mufe translucent setting powder

too faced candlelight glow

Barabella and dolce vita Nars lipsticks

naked 2 palette

I remember being seriously shocked at the cash register cause it was like $350 but I had never really been into drugstore makeup either so I just thought it was the cost of looking nice.  

I had the same price shock when I finally got into drugstore makeup and realized I could do my whole face for the cost of three products at Sephora.  

I don't remember my first purchase from Sephora but it would have been an online purchase back in about 2005-2006. I didn't buy a ton from Sephora as I did most of my beauty shopping through The Shopping Channel or Shopper's Drug Mart for many years.

I had to shop Sephora online for all that time unless I traveled to Calgary or Edmonton since my city only got a Sephora within the last 2 years or so.

I wish I could remember the date of my purchase! I wasn't a registered Beauty Insider at the time, but I was an awesome big brother lol. My younger sister really wanted UD's naked palette, and guess who got it for her for her birthday? She wasn't working at the time, and was trying to focus on school, and I'm known for spoiling the brat. But she has a part-time job now, sooooooooo she can buy her own makeup haha. Anyways, that was my very first purchase at Sephora ^_^ 

Cheers!
Nikko

My first Sephora order was in September 2013, for the 'give me more lip kit'. Probably the best part about the order was the promo code! It was a trio of deluxe-size Dior samples (mascara, moisturizer, and perfume). and it was just a normal code. No VIB/Rouge exclusive. Man, those were the days. 

- side note, after looking through my emails, I realized I became VIB Rouge In November 2013, exactly 2 months after I started shopping at Sephora. I guess I've always been addicted 😉

My first Sephora purchase was in 2015, I think? NARS concealer. Back then I was a complete makeup dummy. All I wore was occasional concealer, and clear brow gel. I remember thinking $30 dollars for concealer was the most ridiculous thing ever. Now I'm harassing my boyfriend for a custom built vanity and don't leave the house in anything less than full foundation, eyebrows, blush and mascara. Oh, how far I've come.

I think I've been a Sephora client for at least 15 years that I can remember. I used to order out of a catalog and mail in my check or money order. I would read the brief product descriptions and try to make a selection out of that after saving my hard earned pennies. It was such a big deal and took forever to get an order. I'm talking 4-6 weeks. The first thing I remember ordering was a Smashbox lip gloss that ended up being more brown than burgundy. Did not like, but kept forever because it was fancy expensive makeup.

The first thing I purchased in store was during my trip to NY 2003ish. I bought an Iman stick foundation and wanted to try the NARS blush that was in every.single.magazine, but the shade wasn't right for my brown skin. I ended up with the shade Outlaw.

I've been a Beauty Insider for 10 years so since the programs inception. Below is the oldest online order I found in my email - circa 2007.

1st Sephora order.JPG

@talinder I used to love the Imju Fiberwig mascara! I went through my email again and found an order from 2009 with it in it. I also used the brand's tiny sniper mascara. 🙂

My first online order was October 2014 for the benefit Advent calendar.I shopped mostly at Shoppers before then and occasionally at other retailers in store if I went on a day trip to bigger cities.

My first purchase was in a Sephora store in 2009 - May or June? It was Smashbox foundation and a single eyeshadow in an orange shade.

My first purchase was online, and it was Lancome Juicy Tubes lip gloss. The closest date that I can come up with is 2009, because that was my first review on Sephora.

My very first Sephora purchase was in store October 2012 and it was for the Cinderella Storylook Palette and Stroke of Midnight Compact Mirror (both of which I still have untouched in their original packaging)

My first in-store purchase was in 2010 and it was the Urban Decay Sustainable Eyeshadow Palette! I was in high school and my mom wanted me to get some high-end makeup so she took me there. It was the beginning of an addiction.

My first online order was shortly after I got my debit card.
(Peep the awesome skincare bag promotion! I miss those days. Skincare bag promos are foils only nowadays.)

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 2.47.47 AM.png

First purchase would've been 2003 in Seattle. Not sure anymore what I bought but I think it might have been the Urban Decay glavored shimmer body powder in Gimlet. Or Benefit Kitten Powder. (Boy, was I ever into that shimmery body powder thing back then.)

I loved the Benefit Kitten powder!! 

Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • IMG_1938.JPG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 4.31.18 PM.png
  • 1st purchase.png
  • 41gemLvjZML._SY355_.jpg
  • Capturelmjll.PNG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 2.47.47 AM.png
  • 1st Sephora order.JPG
  • IMG_0398.PNG
testing