Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

#SEPHORACHALLENGE - WHEN (date/year) DID YOU FIRST ENTER THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF SEPHORA???

Yesterday I got an email saying I was celebrating my TEN YEAR anniversary with SEPHORA.. (claps all around!!!) and it got me thinking if I could find my first ever purchase at the store I now know as my beloved.

Thank goodness for saved emails and search strings... and low and behold:

IMG_1938.JPG

So now I challenge you!!! (#SEPHORACHALLENGE) Tell us what your first ever Sephora purchase was and extra points if you can produce an actual receipt!

Re: #SEPHORACHALLENGE - WHEN (date/year) DID YOU FIRST ENTER THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF SEPHORA???

I signed up for Sephora's Beauty Insider program in July 2007. My first purchase was probably something from Benefit, Urban Decay, or Stila. 

I did check my email and my first online order was from December 2007. Definitely started off my Sephora.com love affair with a bang!

Spoiler
Capturelmjll.PNG

I don't even know why I bought half of that stuff. Ah, to be young and clueless! 

Re: #SEPHORACHALLENGE - WHEN (date/year) DID YOU FIRST ENTER THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF SEPHORA???

@lmi82, I remember the Benefit you're bluffing, and I had the bluff dust powder too! ๐Ÿ™‚

@angel7594 I remember the bluff dust! I don't think I bought it, though. The You're Bluffing ended up scaring me off of yellow color correctors. I only used it once because I just did not know what to do with it. I didn't know about blending when I was 14/15. I probably ended up putting it on like war paint! Haha. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am pretty sure mine was not applied right at all. I probably looked like I had yellow sharpie under my eyes!! ๐Ÿ˜„

It was in Dec 2014 (I was a makeup newbie, and still am compared to you ladies ๐Ÿค“).  Took my baby cousin (recent HS graduate at the time) to the City Place Sephora and we went to town! I bought her a full face worth of makeup, and myself a Cover FX powder foundation & concealer, and the NAKED palette.

looking back, OMG...all that wasted promos!!! Lol.  I had no idea what BI/VIb/Rouge was and what kind of deals I was missing out on.

Regardless, we had so much fun with the free makeovers and bonding over makeup...to this day, it's still my fondest memory of us. 

I feel you. When I bought my first item (NARS concealer), I bought it at a SiJCP, and cashed out at a front register. They tried to warn me I wouldn't get BI points, but I didn't even know what they were and didn't care. Young and foolish.

If I remember correctly, my first Sephora purchase was a Lorac single eyeshadow in a dark purple and a NARS lip gloss in a sparkly red. I don't remember the specific shade names. That purchase would have been in 2010 or 2011 I think.

My first ever sephora purchase was a smashbox kit that had foundation (even the light was too dark for me), a luminizing primer and a foundation brush and some kind of powder foundation/setting powder with colour to it, and a Too Faced kit that came with the translucent power, a half baked eyeshadow, a shadow insurance primer, and lipstick in totally nude. This was in September of 2008, so just over 8 years ago!

It was at the Scarborough Sephora and I was 21

And by half baked I definitely mean totally toasted!

I'm at 7 years, and my first purchase was Benefit Benetint at the Flatiron location in New York City (I lived in New York at the time).

My first instinct is to remove that screenshot because it contains an order number - but that order number is so old it isn't even formatted the way current order numbers are!

My first Sephora purchase was when I was a young teen or tween from the Downtown Disney store, an Urban Decay glittery eyeshadow (that I'm sure I never wore).

Kindly,
Nika

Thanks @NikaBT, I like a dunce didn't even realize the order # when I posted it. I was just so shocked to find the email from ten years ago!!!

I'd be shocked too!!!

Kindly,
Nika

I can't recall my first purchase, but I do remember my first return: Marc Jacobs Lola rollerball. It just wasn't right for me, but I was, and still am, impressed with the CS. ๐Ÿ™‚

My first purchase was the kat von d makeup setting spray. But before that i bought a brush.

My very first Sephora purchase was in Toronto in 2005. I remember I bought a raspberry colour lip gloss and a bottle of Fresh Sake perfume. 

My email said 10 years. I believe my first purchase was the NARS Chelsea Girls lipgloss in a pot. ๐Ÿ™‚

41gemLvjZML._SY355_.jpg

I'm brand new in September 2016at Powell St. SF and this was my first purchase!  1st purchase.png

Ok, re-posting here since this is the new thread you created for everybody.

Mine said 5 years! But, I have been shopping at Sephora at least 18 years.

(5 years is just a reminder how long I've been trapped in the suburbs since becoming a MRS!!! hahaha!)

Is it really 2017??? lol!

I remember almost everything in my life! My first purchase lipliner and perfume in Chicago.

It actually took me a while to shop a lot at Sephora because Neiman Marcus is my favorite store and back then I used to get my lip products at MAC.

My email was around 10 years, but I unusually don't sign up for rewards when I start shopping. No clue what was the first purchase.

But I still have an old bday gift...the philosophy birthday wash

I got an e-mail from Sephora the other day saying I've been in the BI/VIB/ROUGE program for 9 years.  I was really surprised; I didn't think it had been nearly that long.  I've probably been shopping at Sephora for around 10 years.

The first item I purchased was the Tarina Tarantino Floriculture eye shadow palette.

Tarina Tarantino Floriculture Eyeshadow Palette

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • IMG_1938.JPG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 4.31.18 PM.png
  • 1st purchase.png
  • 41gemLvjZML._SY355_.jpg
  • Capturelmjll.PNG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 2.47.47 AM.png
  • 1st Sephora order.JPG
  • IMG_0398.PNG