Gymchic365

Recent expensive splurges

I'd like to know what your most expensive splurge has been- both for makeup and clothing. My biggest splurge to date for makeup was the Hourglass tinted moisturizer(~70$), a gorgeous Chanel eyeshadow palette(~124$), and that nu brilliance vaccuum thing for your face(can't remember how much). I'm only 14, but my mom said it was ok for me to splurge on this stuff because I really like it and I wear/use them all the time. My most expensive clothing splurge was when I saved up enough money to buy the white with multicolored letters Louis Vuitton hobo bag that I've wanted forever. It was over 2,000$, but I saved it up and paid for it all my self! I started this thread to see how much people are willing to spend on clothes/makeup. Sometimes people only shop at drugstores and discount stores, while other people frequent Saks and Barneys, and even others shop at all kinds of stores. So, post your responses and I'll give ya a heart:smileyhappy:

onomotopoeia9

Re: Recent expensive splurges

smart emmaclaire!!!!

you def got a point!

drrragon

wow so this user took other people's photos of super expensive shoes and bags, and posted them on BT saying they were hers?  that is completely bizarre.......

emmaclaire

Yes.  That behavior really gets to me because for awhile when I was a teenager there were a couple people using my pictures and pretending to be me online.  It was infuriating.  Here, the person who actually owns those shoes surely had to work quite hard to get them, and it's not right to pretend to own them.  I'm sure @WilhelminaModel doesn't own a $150k Birkin either.

lylysa

Nice catch, Emma! 

We could have used your sleuthing skills to help when Sephora was doing their shadow giveaway and folks were stealing other user photos!

emmaclaire

Thanks, this is such a huge irritation of mine!  I definitely would have been snooping through those pictures, how ridiculous that BT-ers were stealing photos for a free eyeshadow!  Sigh.  

lylysa

Yeah, it was definitely nuts, here's a link with the stolen pics/cheaters who took other BT user photos:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/CHEATERS-on-quot-Swatch-to-get-a-Free-Eyeshadow-quo...

ChicDabbler

Do you have any advice on how to walk in those?

I went through a skyhigh heel phase...until I slided down the stairs on my shin and fell flat on my face because of the 4in heels I'm wearing. After that I've been restraining myself to 3in, but the super pretty/avant garde ones are usually 3.5-5in. =/

emmaclaire

That's not her picture, but if you want to get some advice I highly recommend asking someone on the Purse Forum or asking the actual owner of these shoes and this picture at the instagram address indicated in the watermark. :smileyhappy:

violalea

omg LOVE !!!!!!!

Fabz

Now I need a purse.. thanks guys >.>

WilhelminaModel

I didn't actually get this myself my godmom gave me this hermes diamond birkin bag. I was with her when she bought it and I've been in love ever since! I love her so much for giving it to me when I almost forgot about even wanting it! Haha :smileyhappy: worth around upwards $140,000image.jpg

rainbow781

(0) Hearts

Omigosh that bag is so beautiful!

melissabt

Hi Ladies,

My recent splurge was a Facial! It soooo hard to pay $150 for one but it really helps unclog pores. She also does some microderm which makes my skin feel super soft. I know that I could spend it on skincare however, I think its important to get a facial every once in awhile to decongest your skin:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

I agree!  I've been doing them at home for quite a while now, though I do miss receiving a face massage with it!  Just moved when I went to college and never really found a place I was particularly fond of :/

cherrybombtastic

My most expensive splurges would probably be the Clarisonic Mia2 for acne ($143.79 on Amazon) and then, my 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli bag ($895), which I might sell depending on if I find any use for it.DSC00867.JPG

jxw200

[ Edited ]
Pretty 3.1 Philip lim bag! :smileyhappy:

I used to spend a lot more money on products and clothes but with paying student loans and trying to save up for grown up things I've had to be much more reasonable lol.

At one point about 3 years ago I added up my makeup stash and it was about $1500. I hesitate to do that now because my collection is larger! Lol. I think the most expensive product I've bought this summer was the guerlain Pucci Bronzer!

In terms of clothes I've been pretty happy with what I own (result of massive spending over the last 5-6 years lol!) I do typically spend $150-200 on jeans (though I just discovered styles that fit me at Zara and urban outfitters, so exciting!) I've definitely spent $100+ on individual items at aritzia but now I try not to lol. When it comes to shoes I used to spend all variety of price ranges but right now my cheapest shoes are reef flip flops that were $20. I think the most expensive ones were cole haan over the knee suede boots (on sale around $200) and my Burberry heart rainboots that I love ($200). I do wear plain black flats from coach for everyday (think they were $170) and just got cole haan sandals on sale for $90! I also got Joan and David nude pumps that for great on sale for like $70 once. But mostly other than those classics I'll just pick out trendy things at forever 21, etc

For purses, I don't think I've spent more than $100 or so on each. I don't like to carry stuff around most of the time. I am dreaming of a chanel 2.55 though! I'm a fan of Rebecca minkoff as well. And botkier Valentina... But at the moment i've more obsessed with beauty than anything else. Plus I should just save (for getting a house, getting married, etc)
janinebt

[ Edited ]

My favorite most recent splurge was on my birthday (in June). I've always been a huge fan of Jeffery Campbell shoes, they're so wild and so different, yet surprisingly comfortable.

The most popular pair style available are the Lita ankle boots. They're about 4.5, and are super comfortable thanks to the platform.  They have them in all sorts of colors, patterns, and textures. I opted for a pair of blue plaid ones because I felt like I could match them with more things, plus I liked the black heel (usually the heels are a chestnut wooden color). They were a around $150 and should last me for a long time :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Beautiful!

elizbeth1972

[ Edited ]

What a fun confession.  I have to say, generally, lately I have been spending a pretty penny on skincare/makeup in general, but haven't made a particularly excessive splurge.  Still contemplating the Mia2.  I did splurge on Rodin Oil for my mom, at $110/bottle. Yikes, but she really wanted it so I forked over the cash, lol. 

In terms of fashion, back when I first started working, I definitely spent more than I do now...on designer clothing and such.  Back then, before the bills lol, most of my disposable income was my own.  I still dont make alot, but more responsibilities, so I tend to shop at Old Navy, H&M, sometimes GAP or Macy's.  My biggest splurge ever? In 2007, I bought a Prada Sheepskin Bag in Italy while on vacation.  It retailed in the States for $2400 but I got it for $1800, as Prada is italian afterall and it worked out cheaper even with the exchange rate.  Now you can find them on sale, lol. I still can't believe how much money I spent on that bag. Now I can barely spend 20 or 30 dollars on a pair of work shoes without cringing.  My how times have changed.

prada-handbag2.jpg

Edit: The shape of my bag was slightly different, but this is the best image I could find.

glamournut

That is so awesome you saved up to purchase those items, as they are so expensive! Good for you!! My most expensive beauty item was my clarisonic, but I love L'Occitane products and I have to save up for them! But they are glorious and really make me feel like I am pampering myself. I have wanted a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress for years now, I just can't bring myself to spend around $300 for a dress! But I love to look and dream!
dianabt

@missconduct that is a GORGEOUS purse! I must have it!!!! lol

@glamournut a DVF wrap dress is my dream! They are SO classy and feminine and they look amazing on EVERY body shape! Not many items can say that! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 181 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • kalex
    • juicyglosspaige
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • elea33