nebel

Random Questions, Saturday Edition!

[ Edited ]

These are so fun, I thought I'd start one!
1) What is your beauty product splurge that is SO worth it?
2) Do you have any pets? What are their names?
3)You're stuck wearing one toenail polish color the rest of your life. Quick! What is it?
4)What is your job? Employed? Student? Mom? All of the above?

I'll start!

1) I love Guerlain meteorites. The smell, the texture... omg so worth it.
2) I am active in animal rescue, so my husband and I tend to accumulate critters :smileyhappy: We have three cats, Juno, Fortuna, and Minerva, and three dogs, Thor, Pirate, and Glory. Glory, a hound mix, is our most recent addition.
3) I would choose a dark vamp chocolate purple. It is what I invariably use anyway :smileyhappy:

4) I'm an analytical chemist and I take singing gigs on the side. I'm a classically trained soprano.

Yay, can't wait to see your answers!!!! xoxoxo

My picture is of Juno (grey) and Tuna (tortie)  My two rescued sisters! 

image.jpg

ChicDabbler

Re: Random Questions, Saturday Edition!

Koh Gen Do Spa cleansing water. It lives up to it's hype. I use it to clean off makeup from waterline, or all over (with no followups) on days when I'm too tired/busy to do a night regimen.

Nope. Me want pets T.T

3)You're stuck wearing one toenail polish color the rest of your life. Quick! What is it?

Clear and shiny.

Grad student. single lady.

aahhh, your kitties are so adorableeeeee!

Spyski

Tell me more about the KGD spa water! I've been eyeballing it, but not sure really what it benefits?

poemelyric

1) What is your beauty product splurge that is SO worth it? Nars Tinted Moisturizer...  It does a ton of different things and it's light for the summer months

2) Do you have any pets? What are their names? I have a cat that I adopted from a rescue group named Blackswell... They never thought they would be able to place him since he has FIV but I met him and it was love...  He's great but because of that, I can't have other cats

3)You're stuck wearing one toenail polish color the rest of your life. Quick! What is it? Something in the plum range... I love plum!

4)What is your job? Employed? Student? Mom? All of the above?  I'm employed at a health care company...  It's somewhere interesting, LOL!

Yuumei

(0) Hearts

Blackswell is so lucky to have a loving mommy like you... ugh I'm crying after reading this post... glad I haven't done my makeup yet <(^.^)>

rikkie

Aww, good for you for taking in Blackswell. I have heard of some people who adopt a cat with FIV but still want to have more than one cat, so they keep in touch with rescues/shelters and take in other FIV+ cats, such an amazing thing to do! I don't know how much commitment that might entail with vet visits or anything though!

nebel

The shelter I volunteer with has an entire ROOM of FIV kitties they keep separate from the general population (they don't keep any of their cats in cages, they just have big open playrooms for them)  I think it is so wonderful when people open their hearts to a pet with special needs :smileyhappy:

rikkie

Awww. I think I want to volunteer at a shelter when I am all done with immigration stuff. No need to jump right into a job, just do something that will make me happy and be super rewarding! I love the playroom idea! It reminds me of cat cafes in Japan. If you don't have the space or time to have your own pet, pay for admission to the cafe by the hour or whatever and come hang out with lots of kitties! 

nebel

It really aids in the adoption of the kitties, because people get to see much more of their natural habits/personalities come through. Families can just sit in the cat room, which is done like a normal living room with plenty of cat things,  and interact with the cats in a normal way.  Everyone is comfortable and happy!  

Shelters can always, always use volunteers.  I volunteer in-shelter, but most often I do rescue transport- I arrange itineraries and drive  dogs from high-kill shelters to my shelter, which is no-kill.  

rikkie

What a great idea! Then the cats are somewhere they feel comfortable and can be themselves. It must be nicer for families too, then you can easily meet whoever catches your eye without hauling everyone in and out of cages. I should start looking into the different organizations around the area I'll be in, I'm sure it will be a tough decision!

nebel

yay for rescuing a pet with special needs! :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Everything skincare, But in makeup, I don't feel like i use anything outrageous expensive

My niece, Halo! I'll include some pictures on the bottom!
3)You're stuck wearing one toenail polish color the rest of your life. Quick! What is it? Sephora by OPI Caliente Coral. I could live with that!

Student. I'll be starting in the Fall. 

IMG_0023.jpg IMG_0024.jpg

The second picture has a sign that my mom bought! It's too cute!

Yuumei

(0) Hearts

Awwww... she is precious!!! :smileyhappy:

Spyski

LOVE the 2nd picture!!!

nebel

She is absolutely beautiful! <3

arielaaaaaaaa

Aww Thanks!! She has her cute moments!

janinebt

1) Splurge? That's a tough one! I'm no stranger to spending up to $20 on a single bottle of nail polish if the quality and color are something that I feel are worth it.

2) Yes! I have two mini schnauzers, a kitten, and a green tree python. I'm pretty certain that I don't want children, so these guys serve as my kids :smileyhappy:.

3) any sort of classic red works for me!

4) I work as a social media mod for Sephora.com and occasionally I do freelance writing gigs. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Yuumei

My son is grown (he's 21), so now our kitties are our children... totally know what you mean :smileyhappy:

kalex

1 - Cle de Peau Concealer

2 - 2 dogs.  Ariel is a 5 year-old German Shepherd and Cleo is 1 year-old Shepherd/Saint Bernard mutt. 

3 - Turquoise toes are my favorite.

4 - Stay-at-home Mom

nebel

I had a German Shepherd when I was growing up! They are such great dogs :smileyhappy:

1930sbella

1.  unfortunately the beauty products I like are way to cheap to be called a splurge :/

2.I have a cat named dibbuns

3. Lavender colored polish

4. I am a high school student :smileyhappy:

nebel

Nothing wrong with budget beauty! you will have plenty of time to splurge after high school :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 186 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poemelyric
    • kimmi1115