Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Awww Ikr After two months of having them around all the time, it feels hard to spend time alone, atleast first few days.

Oh @fatimamummy you're so sweet!  I'm at work right now but if I were at home I'd have to say no! I love the little heathens but I do adore time to myself to get things done. That's right - I'm mommy of the year! 😜

ETA: oh wow.  This is the old version of this thread

@jozkid I love ME time a lot. Mine are still Yonge enough to come hang on my neck and give kisses after every half hour or so 😊 I obviously miss those adorable gestures.

Ooooops  my bad, I thought I was posting in the new thread

@fatimamummy Even though my guys are now in high school (!!!!!!) they still are very kissy/huggy. I just enjoy the fact that they're away from home for 7+ hours. I really don't get anything done when they're around. There's always some minor disaster for me to tackle. Btw it's good to see you here. I haven't seen a post from you in ages. I rarely see anything from the old guard. Where's everyone hiding?  Which threads?  😞

@jozkid I was busy tackling my own holiday disasters 😂 . It is not that easy to hang with our peeps anymore. I mostly have to type in the search bar to find a thread, it isn't like old times that we log in and all popular threads are right there 😔 You may find old me,bears mostly on brand threads, party or new releases threads or anywhere else if you are in luck. Main field is mostly filled with CS related inquiries or lots and lots of new threads.

@fatimamummy Last night it took me a couple hours to go through 20 pages here and I don't recall seeing posts from anyone I knew except maybe the party thread. It takes too I long to scroll through all the junk you know?

old thread, sorry

hi i love you all but i'm trying to retire this random thoughts thread and started a fresh one which shouldn't be so bogged down:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

(i'm sorry not trying to be annoying !!)

Last night I laid out all my blushes and asked my bf if any of them look alike. Mind you, I have many blushes of many different colors. And let's face it, who needs 6 different pinks and reds? (I do) 

But I digress..

My boyfriend proceeded to point to two blushes in separate pans and said "these two look the same". 

THEY WERE BOTH NARS GOULUE!! 

***I am amazed*** lol

Anyone have any recommendations for how to sooth an allergic reaction around the eye? My eyes are red and noticeably swollen on my lids and below my lower lash line. The only new thing I've used is a Dior mascara sample. Maybe the pollen count is extraordinarily high. I'm miserable.

Anonymous Insider

I agree, cold compress! but make sure that the towel you're using doesn't "rub" the area...rubbing only makes it worse. 

If you want to go the medication route, there are some extraordinarily good prescription eye drops for seasonal allergies that soothe runny, allergic eyes.  I never used to be able to wear eye makeup in the spring and summer before the drops (I'm not allergic to the makeup, but my eyes would run constantly from the pollen).  Patanol and Pataday are the ones I've used.  

Cold compress (I'd just use a cloth in cold water) and heavy moisturizer you know you aren't allergic to or an oil. I'd probably take something like Benadryl as well or whatever med works for you. Hope it passes soon. Happens to me once in a while and this is what I do.

@vegchililover78 cold tea bags!

Tea bags going in the fridge now! Thanks @Mochapj

Make sure they still have a little liquid in them to help keep it cold 😉

image.jpegFish pedicure anyone? Hi guys! I've been so absent from BT and I've missed so much. Here is a picture of me and my hubby getting a fish pedi in Cozumel. It was ridiculous! Freaky at first, but then very soothing in a crazy way. I would do it again, my feet were super smooth 😄

Anonymous Insider

Looks like a great experience to share with the hubs.  Glad you got to do this!

Omg!  So crazy!  Could you feel their little mouths?  I would try it.

Hehe, I had this done in Japan a couple times!   The first time I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself.  I'm super ticklish!  

It's it's good to see you back!  And wow, sounds like you had a lot of fun!  

Thank you Hearts!! happy to be back and I hope all is well with you!!

I'm super ticklish too! I was surprised that I could stand it. I did kind of scream like a little girl when it started

testing