Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Thanks I just did! #widefeetprobs

Anonymous Insider

Depending on what they are made of, but if it's leather,maybe stretch the part you need more space ...I think it's pretty easy for patent leather 

I probably need to be more picky with every aspect. I mean I am now to the point I don't buy pumps period but then I was thinking ..hey everyone wears them or so I think..why can't I lol

Completely random: What kind/brand/style of summer shoes are your guys' go to? I just got a gift card to Nordie's and I want to get a new pair of shoes. Not too long ago I picked up a pair of Birkenstock Granadas and I love them so much I'm thinking about getting another pair of Birks. Any other suggestions to help me branch out a bit?

I love J Crew's Sloan flats, or any pointed toe flat, generally. Comfy and walk-able, but the pointed toe makes it a smidge dressier for work.

Dolce Vita sandals are my summer jam - they're also sold at Nordies!

Never heard of those! I'll take a look!

I'm a big Birks fan and glad to see you are too. I have a patent leather pair of the Arizona style. I highly recommend them 🙂

I wear Skechers memory foam sneakers to work, Toms and D'Orsay pumps (depending on the occasion) usually for everything not at work/volunteer life. 

I live in Old Navy flip flops and TOMS all summer. I love the TOMS wedges as well, but I haven't made the leap to ordering a pair yet.

Oh yes to flip flops!!!! Except the newer ones don't seem as great as my OG Old navy flip flops lol

I live in FitFlops all summer long. I also have a couple pairs of croc slide sandals that are strappy, cute! (really), and I don't have to worry about getting wet or dirty 😛

I'll check them out!!

Came in for the shoe talk! What are you looking for? Casual? Dressy (non-casual)? Sandals? Flats? Wedges? 

Hm, more of a casual to "teacher-dressy level" haha. And probably sandals or flats of some sort - I'm super tall and don't go for shoes with height much at all

Wedges are great and comfy! I bought some Toms last year, I think Nordstroms carries them. Also I'm obsessed with Ecco shoes, pricey but they last forever! My friends joke that I can never pass up Eccos. I bought some Mary Janes a couple of weeks ago during triple points and they are so soft and comfy. Perfect walking shoes for my Europe trip 🙂

Gosh, I love my Toms and I'll definitely take a look at that brand! Never heard of it!!

I'd really like a pair of Rachel Comey clog type platform sandals but they are soooo not in my budget. They're pretty trendy so I have a feeling I can probably find a relatively convincing lookalike if I make some effort. 

I have a pair of Birkenstock Gizehs that I've been pulling out for the past 3 or 4 summers that have held up beautifully. I have to warn you that the plastic toe separator was horrible to break in! I actually wanted to return them but ended up being too lazy. I gave the sandals another chance and, of course, ended up loving them. Once you get used to that separator you don't even feel it (but seriously, why do they make it out of hard plastic???!!!)

Whoa, definitely out of my budget.

And ugh, that does not sound like fun! That seems soo silly...

My options are reduced down to Birkenstock more due to need than choice. I can't wear shoes without arch support any more. I prefer Thongs over Ganadas for extra support and also because my feet are relatively narrow. If someone has other suggestion with similar sole and quality, I would love to know .

Let you know if I find something!!

testing