Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

After lusting over them for a few months, I purchased Eileen Fisher sport platform sandals in 'Pewter'. They are relatively expensive, but they are the most flattering, comfiest sandals ever.

Ohhh! Expensive? Yes. But cute? Most definitely! Adding to my wish list!!

I like the look of gladiator sandals but haven't purchased the really strappy, high ones yet. I don't know what sort of shoes you like! I like comfort and my feet are a bit wide so I have to be picky. I usually end up wearing wedges on casual days (the running shoe type with the concealed wedge inside and wedge sandals from Target when they were in Canada). I really like any sort of wedge because they are comfy!!

Debated about sharing this but I just don't get it. This guy got Kylie Jenner's lipstick shades tattooed on his arm...

33269E2B00000578-0-image-a-46_1460583581517.jpg

Do tattoos stay colour-fast over time?? Are the swatches going to get murky or blue-ish in time? They're no good to me if so. (;

He is hard core, I'll give him that. There's nothing I love quite THAT much.

no. just no

that's.....dedication 

I like being able to wash off my swatches so I can put more swatches on.  

But this way he has a built-in dupe detector! He'll never accidentally buy the same shade again!

hearts, in a couple weeks i'm getting tattooed on my prime swatching area. i hadn't thought of the consequences of this yet !!!!  CANCELING THE APPOINTMENT !! (jk, i think i'll adapt 😉 )

You're just gonna have to roll up those sleeves;).  

Did you design it yourself?   I can't wait to see what you've chosen! 

I have tattoos on both arms in my swatching areas. Where there's a will, there's a way! 😉 Post a picture when you get yours!!

very generally speaking, i have 2 approaches to tattoos.......i feel like they either need to be extraordinarily beautiful (regardless or not of deeper meaning.....i feel like beauty often surpasses and outlives any sort of perceived depth), or they need to be so deeply embedded into pop culture that they are a flick in time and therefore a bit absurd (i know a girl who has the emoji of the girl flicking her hand...i think it's genius, but it's surrounded by other absurd pop cultural references which only enhance its awesomeness) . this obviously falls into the absurd pop culture thing....and frankly the only reason why i resent it is because i'm not a kardashian / jenner fan in any way. i will say, though, that i admire the artist's ability to match the inks to the swatches. that's objectively impressive (even though i'm not entirely sure of the execution)........

Anonymous Insider

I only guess that he doesn't need my understanding/approval anyway...

I actually think it's quite cool if the color of his tattoo matches the actual product swatch exactly well. 

It is pretty clear that this individual is obsessed with (is that Kylie?)this Kardashian. I think people are more willing to go to extreme measures flippantly because of the ability of social media to broadcast something like this- which apparently led to him meeting this woman. By demonstrating his obsessive #1 fan mentality, he achieved his goal of getting her attention.

ok guys, what can i do to get to meet tim burton, tom hiddleston, michael fassbender, christoph waltz, LEE PACE LEE PACE, and all these hot guys i like..? WHAT DO I DO IF I CAN'T TATTOO

@Blackwhiskey Wish I could help you! (You have great taste btw!!) If you love Lee Pace... You must watch the movie The Fall.

Nope.

I saw this on Facebook 🙈

uh.....WHY??!!?

Now granted I understand the artistic freedom that comes with tattoos, but the SWATCHES?! really?!

OMG! I think I seen him get her logo but WTF swatches too -_- wow! That's crazy lol. I wouldn't ever want to look at my arm again. No hate just..WHY???!!???? =/

I guess to each their own. I have a few tats so I'm no hater but I think it's a lil cray cray

1 Reply
testing