Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Bésame mucho, Jennifer. 😉

OK Ulta, you win. I placed two orders on Wednesday. One order got broken up into two shipments (I guess the nearest warehouse was out of some of the items I ordered).

Two of my three shipments were delivered today! The third isn't scheduled to come until Wednesday, but overall they really seem to have stepped up their shipping game. I'm impressed, and very thankful that the item I need the most arrived today.

I've noticed this too. I don't know if it's Ulta or USPS though. I received an Amazon shipment overnight even though I paid for standard shipping, and my Ulta shipment is scheduled to arrive Tuesday, but should probably get here tomorrow based on its current location.

I do wish Ulta would do something like flash though.

Does anyone ever feel like they are judged for wearing makeup?

I work in a male-dominated industry and sometimes I just get that feeling (even more so from other women).  But alas, fending off haters is why I keep my cat eye sharp. 

I know someone whose coworkers don't take her seriously because she puts effort into her appearance by dressing nicely and wearing makeup. She works in tech in San Francisco, so she is in a very male-dominated field as well. I think it's really sad that women are judged no matter how they look. You keep on working hard and looking good, it's definitely possible to do both 😉

I echo what jemly said.  Additionally, you're never going to please everyone.  Until just a few years ago I didn't wear any makeup at all and I often felt judged for that.  It goes both way, unfortunately.

always good to remember that people who are judging you for such a thing really have problems with themselves, not with you. if they give you hate, stab them with those sharp wings 😉

Thank you all for your kind sentiments! I certainly have a very "I do my own thing" attitude and will wear makeup as I please. I'm glad we all can give each other such confidence! 

I had to post this here too (in addition to the funny reviews thread)...

My WTF moment this morning (stephaniedonna):

image.jpeg

Dying.

Best. Review. Ever.

One would think that blinding one's mate during coitous would be a bad thing. Oh well to each their own!

Bahahaha

she's my hero. i should reconsider my reviewing approach.......

@jemly Apparently I need to reconsider mine 😛

Oh my... wonder if it was wet or dry..the highlight that is. 

❤️😂❤️

Oh, I see what you did there.

Ohh myyy indeed :x

I was going to get Sin yesterday but my Ulta was sold out so I got Aura instead😂

It sounds like Sin is where its at, so you may have to go back 😉

Hahaha, oh that's too great! I guess it lives up to its name 🙂

life goals met?

and here I thought the goal was to temporarily blind them with the sheer awesomeness of the s.e.x. - guess I just needed more highlighter 😛

28 Replies
testing