Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Don't be so hard on yourself!!! Everyone has to somewhere!

The quality definitely isn't a problem! And you're really adorable on camera. I'm not used to seeing you makeup-free — you're such a natural beauty.

Anonymous Insider

Wow @Blackwhiskey I think the quality is more than semi-good. It went to 1080p with no problems.

Not beauty related, well kind of, but tomorrow will be the first time since my accident that I drive in the highway. For nearly a year I've only driven the few miles to take the little ones to school, when it comes to and more than that someone has always driven me. I have such bad anxiety  about driving around 18 wheelers. 

Im scared out of my wits but need to get my graby hands on that dang Sweet Peach palette so I want to get there when they open. This palette better be worth it lol. 

Guysssss, I got it!

I got there around 9:30 and there was already 4 girls in line. So I hopped in line and waited the 30 minutes before they opened. At about 9:55 the manager came out and told us there were only 13 palettes, that there would be a 1 per person limit. She went down the line handing out sticky notes w/numbers 1-13 if you were one of the first 13 you got lucky. 2 girls in the line infront of me were kind of mad about the limit saying that they called the other day and they said it was 4 per person, that they wanted 4 each. Yikes. 

Anyway, I made it safely, there wasn't much traffic so today was a good day. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
image.jpeg

Woo hoo, congrats! And kudos to that manager for being so organized and shutting those crazy girls down! No hoarding peaches 😉

OMG @ 4 each! That is crazy!

Also, interesting that they were anticipating madness on this palette like it was Black Friday.

The manager did mention the PB&J palette created a near riot in the store.

I'm really glad everyone else in line were really nice. 

I'm glad you got it. Eff those two girls. EFF THEM!

The manager looked at them and repeated 1 per person and I had to giggle a little bit. 4 is a bit much.

Glad to hear the driving wasn't a problem for you! Anxiety is a terrible thing :(.

And I hope you love your palette!

Congrats on getting it!  I hope you enjoy it 🙂

woah! I cannot believe there was a LINE and a sticker system.. like a new iPhone!

Congrats on getting it, though! I know you'll love it!

I was pretty shocked too, when I was checking out I was chatting with the manager and she was telling me that when they launched the PB&J palette they had a crowd rush through the doors and ran through the store knocking everything over in their path.  She said since then they try to prevent that at future launches. 

Thank you, I hope I love it as much as  its hyped up. She did mention they'd be getting another shipment in in 2 weeks. She said they didn't know only 13 were coming and that she won't know how many are in the next shipment until it comes it. All she gets is the dates of the shipments. 

I would never LITERALLY run for makeup...

Oooof good luck to you! I've been in my fair share of car accidents.

My first accident ever, I was driving by myself when someone pulled out in front of me. When I got back on the road in a rental, I was so stressed by the experience that I would tense up and it caused even more back pain. Just. Relax. Try to relax! And don't knee jerk swerve away from 18 wheelers because that will totally end badly (that's totally something I do. Oh my peripheral vision tricks me into thinking a car is uncomfortably close?! Must swerve! No, must fight urge to swerve because that's stupid, stupid.).

...yea, I've been in like 6 accidents. Only one was my fault and it was the most minor.

2 just last year that weren't my fault. The first, I was alone and t-boned by an uninsured driver. The second, I was a passenger and someone was driving, intoxicated, the wrong way, and drove into my boyfriend's side, sending us into a spin slamming my side into the traffic light pole. I got the brunt of the trauma, spent a really terrible night in the ER, still dealing with the pain (from the accident and the ER), and we got the whole thing on video. It has turned me into a terrible passenger. I try not to pay attention now whenever I'm in the car with my boyfriend - leaving me lots of time to peruse BT :D. 

Omggg @Libellules I'm glad your okay after those, they sound so scary!

I've been in 2 major accidents. 

First one, someone ran a stop sign and t-boned me. It was the day after my high school graduation, I was okay but I ruined the whole graduation buzz/:

Second one was at the end of last June, and 18 wheeler ran me off the highway and I flipped. I was pregnant at the time, the seatbelt tore up my shoulder, and have mulitple herniated disks in both my neck and back which are still under going treatment. 

I try not to pay attention when other people are driving, I mostly surf BT or read, it works sometimes but there are other times when traffic is heavy when I just watch other drivers closely and hold my breath until we pass the 18 wheelers. 

OMG @StephaniLynn! Your second accident sounds absolutely horrifying! I'd be terrified to drive after that one:( .

Yes, that is totally me. I make lots of gasping noises and comments if I'm paying attention and see people braking and don't think my boyfriend is braking fast enough. Which is silly because that has nothing to do with people pulling out in front of us past the point of no return / t-boning us.

How was the drive today?

It's definitely something I never want to experience again. Actually, it's something I wish no one would have to go through.

I do the same gasping thing and I grip the door like my life depends on it. If traffic is really bad I will cover my eyes and try to breathe deeply.

The drive went pretty well. It was 40 minutes each way. Almost no traffic on the way there and light traffic on the way back. I got a little anxious when I reached a Border Patrol check point. Big trucks use a separate lane than cars so it kind of creates a long 'wall' of big trucks. 

Holy crap, Libelulles! So glad you're mostly okay after that many accidents — you have terrible luck and I hope you've fulfilled your quota for the rest of your life! I've only been in one accident (T-boned while making a left turn by a driver who ran the light), as a passenger, and seven years later I still get nervous at left turns. If I'd been in SIX crashes I think I'd be done with cars forever.

@TopazBeth Thank you! Yes, last year, after the second accident I had feelings like...something was after me. I know that sounds weird. But simultaneously, something was clearly protecting me. Unfortunately, I live somewhere where long commutes are really hard to avoid so I can't really be "done" with cars! I'm glad that you are ok after your accident! Accidents are crazy and scary - they usually just come out of nowhere and you have to react, which can ultimately change the course of things even more. There's currently a Subaru commercial on TV that gives my dad the heebie jeebies, where they show a woman getting t-boned, and I saw it today for the first time and I get his reaction O.O

Even though not every one of my accidents happened at night, I do get nervous driving at night, and when given the option, always make my boyfriend drive us in his big pickup truck. He was considering trading it in a few months back for a flipping Chevy volt and I pretty much had a nervous breakdown when he took me for a test drive O.O

23 Replies
testing