Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Me too!

Anyone else get invited to a "Play" date by Sephora? 

Yes - I have gotten one every month. They are ok. 

Alright. I'm looking for a comfortable strapless bra. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is this just an impossible dream?

I have a couple Very Sexy Multi-ways from VS and they're ok. Not as comfortable as I'd like. 

**shakes fist at bras**

@ShannonAlexis, I have had good luck with wacaol red carpet convertible bra. I just looked on Nordstrom and it has 186 reviews and rating 4.6/5

I don't know if "comfort" is really the first thing that comes to mind when "strapless bra" is also in the same sentence, but I will say that Soma has some nice options (especially if you have a larger cup). I often struggle because of my sizing to find a strapless bra that will actually work. I use Soma's "stunning support" (larger cup size friendly) but they also have the "embraceable" that's rated on-par with it. I don't find it uncomfortable to wear..? Which I suppose is more than I can say about most strapless bras.

I hope you find one! I feel like this is one thing I'm always in the hunt for but I've never found a great one. I have a couple of the same ones you do. I've tried on a billion different kinds in my lifetime but I've never found one that I really loved. 

Yesterday I did some beauty DIY. I took the red Bite tin from the holiday set last year, added some magnetic tape, and boom! A sturdy new Z-palette for practically nothing. 😄

This is actually a good idea for my depotted KVD Shafe & Light powders....

let me know how it works out for you! I recommend using crazy glue on the magnet tape since the glue it has isn't very strong. 

Anonymous Insider

I have sheet magnet meant for making photos into magnets and some e6000. Cutting acrylic by hand is just proving a bit more challenging than I expected. LOL

I used this special cutter that my dad had in his tool shed so that when you cut it the magnet doesn't bend. I think the closest thing would be a really sharp box cutter on a soft surface or a wire cutter maybe.

Anonymous Insider

@makeitup305The magnet sheet is thin enough I can use a box cutter easily. The acrylic sheeting I am making the palette of is thicker than what I thought I was purchasing. So far the tools I am using are scoring it but I haven't been able to do so deep enough to snap yet.

@Anonymous I think those need special tools don't they? Like a saw or router? Maybe they can cut it for you at home depot or lowes?

Anonymous Insider

@makeitup305 It has been on my mind. I have a glass scoring knife on hand but haven't had the space to make a go of it lately. So I just have to balance the idea of time to walk the three miles to the nearest home depot and see if they will have a tablesaw with a 0 degree blade or at least plywood grade with narrow teeth. Last thing I want is to do five stages of rough sanding to wet sanding only to find out that my palette size has shrunk.

@Anonymous that's definitely beyond my scope of things! My crafting abilities are kind of limited to box cutters and glue without someone to help me. Definitely tag me when you're done! 

I came here for the power tools talk.  You guys are so crafty!  I'm way impressed. 

Anonymous Insider

@michelleshops haha, I have a power drill here at home that just doesn't help me with a saw project. I don't think my neighbors would be happy with a power saw at all. I'm not keen on inhaling the acrylic dust either you are supposed to wear a dust mask. It can do very bad things.

I saw this on twitter & I had to share it hehe. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 8.47.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-03 at 8.47.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 8.48.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 8.48.16 PM.png

I thought this was so adorable! It shows that your partner is listening...even if makeup isn't their thing. 

Awwww, this is so sweet!   They're really listening even though they don't look interested most of the time.  

In the car on the way to the grocery with my fiancé.

He looks into my eyes and says....

"I can do a better smoky eye than you." 

😂😂

1 Reply
testing