Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Genius!

Looking to buy a new liquid foundation and have way too many on my loves list to choose from. What are some of your HG bases? 

UD NakedSkin. I love it even though the color match is not 100% for me (good for summer, a bit too dark in winter). It has a great combo of good coverage (med-full) and natural finish. I have dry skin and it's great for that as well, can't speak to how it does with oil.

They did just add several shades to the lineup, so if you've looked before and not found a color match, perhaps now you will!

Also, my HG going-out foundation is definitely MJ Re(marc)able Foundation Concentrate. It is absolutely full coverage with only a few dabs. However, in my experience you need a silicone (or other blurring) primer, a very dense buffing brush to blend it out, and a very light hand with the product (literally just a dab of the applicator on each face area) to make it look really good, so if finicky application annoys you then maybe not.

For something lightweight I'm loving Marc Jacobs Genius gel right now.

Ulta pulled out the win this time and was delivered first.    I'm still pregnant, and my haul was just dropped at my door step.  Lol!  That was a fun contest though! Maybe I should place another order? 

Now you're obligated to name the baby Ulta.

Would the masculine form be Ulto?  Ulto James does have a nice ring to it!

Sounds exotic. Won't have to worry about other kids in his class having the same name.

ULTIMATE JAMES

@TKLJ I live for your wit 😄 

LIFE GOAL ACHEIVED.

Lmao!

Curious, for those who are on Influenster...

I'm fairly new on it, and I received an email, "You're on the short list for our next VoxBox! Open Now!"

So, if you get an email like that, what are the odds you actually get the VoxBox? I did the survey right away.

@KatieKabam Thanks for this, because I also received that email 🙂 I'm also fairly new. 

I'm curious if I'd receive it! 

A really good chance. Esp for your first one.  Lately mine seem to be 50/50

YMMV but I have always gotten one if I responded quickly!

Thank you for the reply! I figured that was the case but just wanted a little more insight. I never get any cool free surprises or gratis so even when a little glimmer of a chance pops up, I get toooooo excited.

I think you have a good chance if you respond. I've gotten them when they have sent out that email.

Thanks, Jen! It would be my first box so obviously I am eager!

Here's a weird question:  do you ever get two uses out of a sheet mask?  I had never tried one until today and there was so much product still left. I sealed it back up in the original package then in a ziplock and in the fridge. 

Anonymous Insider

Yup, I got about three or four days worth of moisturizing serum out of my SNK Otter Mask. Edit: I tossed the mask and just would dip into the foil pack for some serum to pat on my face post-shower.

7 Replies
testing