Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I've done a really good job of curbing my lipstick purchases in the last couple months, but now I have a nail polish problem. I don't have enough hands for all the colors I want to wear.

Good thing you have feet too then 😉

active thunder/lightening storm right now, so i'm acting as andy's thundershirt. 

also, i washed my hair tonight; i still love my devacurl stuff and it's to the point where i think i'd panic if i didn't have it. 

so....actual thundershirt does not work on him. sometimes he gets under the covers and hides (i like it when he does this), other times he's restless and barks like he's telling the thunder to go away (i don't like it when he does this). do any of you guys have babies that are afraid of thunder ? what do you do ??

thundershirt.jpg

Our dog isn't afraid of thunder (though she does cry when the phone rings), but your hair looks gorgeous!

My dogs don't like it at all (thunder) I have a lab and a yorkie mix. The yorkie barks and I'd anxious. He used to sleep with me and he would climb under the sheets and the way down to my feet. My husband doesn't like that so he sleeps on a real nice dog bed now. He gets scared with loud noises, say if your watching an action movie. My lab will just lift her head and whine and then lay her head back down. The yorkie does enough whining/barking for them both!

My parents used to own this mischievous little rascal of a terrier.  He used to go outside and run around in circles looking up at the sky and barking at the rain to go away.  If he was in the car he would run back and forth from window to window barking at the rain.  He just hated it.  It was both annoying and hilarious.  

We don't have thunder and lightning very often here in SoCal, so this year has been a bit unusual in that we've had that kind of weather a few times as far as I recall...But it's that rarity that makes it impossible to keep my dog from barking at the sky (kind of like when I wave my cane and tell those kids to stay offa my lawn! :P)...I guess this is all unhelpful but I sympathize with you!

Not really beauty related but I see you BT cat lovers so... 

ZombieT.JPG

i'm going to say something very very obvious: i rarely read youtube comments, but when i do, my faith in humanity diminishes. 

thank you BT for continuously helping me restore it (time and time again).

i love you guys.

I delete the really crazy negative ones I get.  If they're borderline they stay but the ones that tell me I look like I'm 90 or are obviously harassing are gone.  My kids disagree with me...and they know youtube better than I do.  But it's my channel and I don't like the negativity....I don't want to see it and don't want others to see it either.

BT is much more civil and supportive than some places (you are absolutely supportive!)...so I'll double the thanks.

Anonymous Insider

I was lucky enough to have a co-worker that reads inspirational stuff and would be one of those upbeat but realistic types. On a particularly bad day for me, she leaned into my workspace and said she was going to forward me something. It was David Pollay's Garbage Truck story.

Truth is people weighed down by crap are more likely to stop and want to dump it (on other people). With how easy it is for people to find and access opinions on YouTube and Facebook, you see a lot more negative trashy opinions than most other places. Unless there is any feedback at all to a comment, it probably isn't constructive.

Awe we love you too. Thanks for being so sweet ❤️

I wanted to say thanks again for all the love about my missing cat. The good news is she came back. It took a few hours and a can of tuna to convince her to come out, but she came out on her own and is snuggling on my lap right now. I feel so relieved. 🙂

Glad to hear it!  I knew she would.

thank goodness ❤️

So happy she is back!  

aww I'm so glad to hear that! give her lots of love and cuddles from me 🙂

I've been busy so I didn't get to read the first post, but that's wonderful! I'm so glad she's back 🙂 

What a relief! I didn't know/see your original post but glad about the happy ending 🙂

YAY!!! I'm so glad!

testing