Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I haven't heard of the troll ride, but it sounds like it would have been great. And that makes me happy you grew up going so often and love it so much still. We plan on going every 2 years but actually already booked another trip for next year:O Hope my kids will love it for awhile!

It it is so cute! 

Too cute!!!!  

Minnie Mer-mouse! 

Please be a Minnie-Mermaid hybrid 😄 

Disney sounds awesome, hope you have lots of fun! 

Thank you! That is literally my dream-self lol

Did you make this? I am unsure if I am more jealous you're going to Disney or if you have the cutest Minnie Ears ever. Probably both. Have fun.

Are you going to Florida or California? If California, you will be fine. If Florida, I wish you well. Take swim breaks in the afternoon to cool off.

I wish I could make ears like that! But no, I bought them from ModernMouseBoutique on Etsy. 

We're going to Florida since it's closer to us (WV). My mom keeps reminding us how busy and hot it will be. But they opened my favorite ride up again! Big Thunder was supposed to be under construction while we were there but they changed the schedule. 

Bah, I was hoping you'd say California so I could kidnap you on one of those days :'(

Yay! I love Big Thunder, too. Even though I loved the classic version, I love the way the re-did it. My favorite thing in Florida is The Monsters Inc Laugh Show. They need to bring that to California. No one I know ever gets picked to be "that guy," but the hope that it will happen keeps me going. We live closer to California, so we go there more often.

I went to Orlando for a Store Manager conference a few years ago and the company I worked for had a partnership with Disney so we all got to go for a few hours our first night.  That show was new so I wanted to check it out, and wouldn't you know, I got selected to be "that guy".  My fellow managers got a real kick out of that!

Super jealous. How fun!

The real question is who doesn't want to be a mermaid!?

May is a great time to go to Disney 🙂

The few times I've cut bangs in my life, I've regretted it. But I got the itch to cut some again. Can everyone tell me their bang horror stories to help get me out of this fantasy ?!!

I did and ended up looking like a boy. 

I have no horror stories. I cut my bangs all the time (generally a trim or two in between full cuts at the salon), and on the rare occasions I don't like how it turns out, a after a week or so they've grown out enough to soften whatever the problem was. I just watched what the stylist did to mine at the salon and then imitated it at home. Since she usually trims them dry, and I can see all of my bangs to cut them (unlike the rest of my head), this wasn't that hard.

Than again, I have very straight hair. I have no idea how that might go differently for curly hair.

Same for me, I love my bangs, and frequently do maintenance at home. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes not, but it grows out quickly so I'm not super concerned. 

Too much of my curly/wavy hair was included into my bangs, and I looked like a walrus (that big curling upper lip they have) for about six months until they grew out. Unless it rained, and then curlicues sprouted from my forehead.

I say go for it. The difference between a good haircut and a bad one is two weeks...or so says my dad. I read a how to once that suggests to style your hair as normal. Take what you want to cut and twist it lightly. Be conservative and cut a little at a time. This worked for me, but I didn't do short bangs.

Ohhhhhhh, I can't help you!   I think you'd look great in bangs though they're sooooo much work.  

Tell you what, I'll try harder to help you out if you talk me out of this roxette looking cut.image.jpg

hearts i had this haircut for YEARS. what do you want to know ? 😉 🙂

you'll fall in love with how the top bit falls when the undercut is super short, so you'll start shaving it yourself. this is not necessarily a bad thing, but if your hubby has an automatic beard trimmer/shaver thing, say, then tell him to hide it away while he still can 😉

1 Reply
testing