Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Does anyone know why Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick has golden packaging on Sephora's site and black packaging on Ulta's? This is me being stingy and ridiculous but I might, when I take the plunge on these, buy from Sephora if Ulta doesn't have gold packaging......

Untitled.png

Black packaging is old and Gold one is new.

I think they had gold packaging in the store. Maybe they just haven't updated their website after Stila changed their packaging?

I hope so. I'm really wanting to get this from Ulta to kind of kick start my switch in spending. Luckily, Ulta is closer to me than Sephora, so I'll have to check in stores when I get a chance.

Good luck! I went to ulta last weekend to pick up the stila convertible palette and I swear the packaging was the gold kind. If not, then they're pretty old products and people shouldn't buy those anyway...

Good to know! Thanks!

I don't really think I need to start a new thread for this.  I'm interested in trying to find a BB cream/CC cream/tinted moisturizer.  I've tried a couple of drugstore brands (L'Oreal broke me out badly, Garnier just looked awful) and IT Cosmetics (it looked awful, too matte, looked scaly).  So does anyone have any thoughts on Too Faced Beauty Balm, Too Faced Naked Skin Beauty Balm, or Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer?

I tried the Naked Skin Foundation, and it was also too dry for my dry skin, but I have stupid hope for the BB cream.  Anyone else with dry skin have something they love?

Question - do you really mean the "Too Faced" Naked Skin Beauty Balm, and Naked Skin foundation? Or Urban Decay's? If you're talking about UD, their BB does not have great reviews, and for that reason I've never personally tried it. Also it looks way too dark for me. I am surprised to hear you say the Naked Skin foundation was too dry for you... I have dry skin and that's practically my HG because it's so non-drying.

For your other options, Tarte's BB would not help you if your problem is dry skin. It's a very matte formula, and whenever I use it it tends to highlight dry patches if I'm not careful. If you found Naked Skin too drying I can't' imaging you'd like tarte.

My personal recommendation for BB cream would be the Dr Jart ones. My favorite of all of them is the Premium (gold tube), because it has the best coverage, close to a sheer foundation. But the Dis-a-pore is good as well. The Premium has a very natural/dewy finish and is not drying at all. I generally wear my more matte setting powder with it because of how dewy/moist it is.

Sorry, I meant the Too Faced Beauty Balm OR the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm.  I wrote Too Faced twice.  I've tried the Naked Skin foundation, and yeah, it did that scaly look.  It wasn't terribly bad, but it was bad enough that I didn't want to pay that much to keep it.  Thanks for the info on the Tarte.  I may try the UD or Dr. Jart.  Thank you!

Edit: I may try the Dr. Jart Dis-a-pore.  I'm allergic to gold, and I'm hesitant to try anything that lists any sort of gold as an ingredient, which the Premium does.

I used the Laneige cushion BB from Target - it was a great color and very natural finish, but I think I got a couple new spots from it. I think my next BB will be a cushion as well - I really love the idea, I just need one that works a little better for my skin 🙂

I wrote a long post about how much I love It Cosmetics, then I noticed it's on your list of products that didn't work for you.  I'm sorry it didn't work for you!  Unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions.  I've tried several other BB's and CC's and none of them worked for me.:(

the tarte looked lovely on my niece but I don't think she has super dry skin.

I actually really like the bare minerals tinted moisturizer - it has just enough coverage

Okay but where can I buy this?

PINOOOOOOT NOOOOIIIIRRRRRR

I bake my undereyes during eyeshadow application because when i am done all the fall out just brushes away with the extra powder

I don't really understand baking - I'm too old for all these trendy new things

Did you try tapping the brush to get off extra product before applying the the color?  I've been doing that recently.

With fallout prone shadows I hold the brush so the handle is up - awkward to use but prevents a lot of fallout for me. I also tap off the excess before applying - although I may have to apply a couple times to build up to the color I want. And instead of patting/smearing it on, I put the brush down, wiggle a little (like with mascara) and then pick it up and put it down in the next spot, then wiggle, repeat.

I 2 lazy to create an art thread besides those die down real quick. so here's something i started working on a while ago cause i got bored. busted out my tablet for the first time in years and used an app i had only used once before. anyway. Sketch2323472.jpg

can you guess who she is? 

i'm not done yet but i'm working on it, the basics are down, i want to add color to it. 

Lunaaaaa! She's adorable! I started a Sailor Moon portrait recently. image.jpeg

20 Replies
testing