Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Anonymous Insider

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Not like you are reporting into a board of directors, so stop being so middleishmodest. You are yourself on this effort and I think that is effing grand.

thanks SQ. you're my favorite therapist ❤️

Thoughts on the new Tarte eyeshadow palette?

edit: meh the 10% off code doesn't work on it anyways so I'll just leave it at that lol. Maybe if it's around in April I'll get it and if not I'll be alright..

I was wondering the very same abt the rain forest in the sea palette. It got great reviews and looks really good. I want to get it and almost hit check out a few times but then i remember the tarte in bloom palette i got last month and wonder if its just too many neutrals. Trying to wait for instore to swatch it but waiting, its just-so-hard!

Also i *might* be picking up the too faced pbj palette, really want the nars hammamet duo (for that rose bronze) and really really want the tom ford cocoa mirage. Also looking forward to the tarte clay pots esp that rosegold! 

I have a problem. Sigh. 

I found this compact on Etsy and I just know there are several girls on here who would love it. I found a similar one with a mermaid that I might get. 

rsz_screen_shot_2016-02-25_at_45016_pm.png

OMG OMG OMG ^v^ ^v^ 

I love bats!! This is adorable. 

This is totally something I'd like to put my paws on!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ulta started carrying Guerlain fragrance:)

I've been meaning to post this! Have you all seen Aquarium Nails?? Not my cup of tea, but I find them mesmerizing. I've been watching a bunch of how to's on YouTube. Not something I would attempt but I think it's really creative. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDk1QruX8rE

I'm curious about the engineering. I'm guessing it's like a little pouch of liquid they glue to the front of the nail? 

Find a way to put tiny sea monkeys in it and I'm IN. 🙊

lmao GC! Sea Monkeys 😂😂😂 You crack me up.

Go to YouTube and watch th how to videos. It's pretty cool. They seal the sides with gel and then cure it. They leave one little hole at the top to insert the mineral oil and glitter. 

Anonymous Insider

In one video, they took a fake nail, cut it to a size just smaller than the real nail, attached it with space in between the two layers with acrylic, then added oil and shapes, then glued it shut. Then shaped over with acrylic. 

Literally watched this for 10 mins...just when nail art could not get any crazier 😮

Me too Anewxa! I went down the rabbit hole on YouTube and watched a ton. They even make miniature snow globes out of gel polish and then plop that thing on the nail. It's crazy looking!!

image.jpeg

😮 

Only one thought comes into mind: how on earth do people go about their daily washroom business...must be tricky. Lol. Sorry. Yah i went there. 

Edit: just saw the rest of the comments below so i guess lylysa already went there 😄

Yup....already took it there, so feel free to join me 😛

Oh, no...

I've had 3D acrylics done before with little flowers and Hello Kitty faces on my nails, but NOTHING to that degree.... O_o

For an image, fashion/nail show or convention....sure why not, but for practical daily life....pass.

I would seriously poke my eye out in a matter of minutes 😄

Maybe then your eye would be another "dimensional" part of the nail art??? 😛 Silver lining! LOL!

3 Replies
testing