Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Curious about the BH cosmetics ones! 

I've had mixed experiences with those 

^^I finally got to use the BH sets over the weekend. I have the Blend and Sculpt 1 and 2 set. 

My review:

First impression:

Right away, these brushes smelled. They had a strong chemical smell. It seemed to be coming from the brush hairs themselves. My guess is the smell was the glue.  I always wash my brushes first and after doing so, the smell is no longer existent. 

Texture:

These are very, very, very soft brushes. But still very dense. I was pleased with the "heft" of the brush handles as well. I believe they are wood. There is no wiggle in the ferrule either----I've noticed the ferrule is sometimes loose in "cheaper" brushes such as Elf. 

Quality:

Of the 20 brushes from both sets, I only noticed shedding during washing from 2 brushes. They were both smaller brushes. One shed a single hair while the other had a clump of about 5 hairs that came out. I was very displeased with that but at least it was only from one brush. 

Performance:

These brushes pick up product very well and distribute product onto the face seamlessly. I didn't have to use extra effort to make these brushes blend or sculpt. They tips of the hairs are white so you do see the product on your brush. 

Overall:

I am pleased with the brushes. I got them for a steal at $16.99 per set from TJ Maxx. I have virtually every face brush I could need from these sets except for a fan brush. Although I did notice some shedding from two smaller brushes, at the price point, I'm not terribly deterred. I'd recommend both sets. 

OK, just caught up on the Super Bowl 'controversy'. First, Beyonce is the Queen of America. Actually, that's it. My entire point. No second.

I think most people know just enough about the group's history to fill in their own bias and perspective.  Yep, started out great for those who want to romanticize it but went bad towards the end for those that want to condemn it.  Sort of a perfect choice for a performer who wants to get people taking about a show.

Does anyone use the Ole Hen cleansing wipes? I don't know which one I want to try first. 

I received a small packet of the Clean Truth cloths in a Christmas present. They're ok but they're not my favorite. I always feel like my skin is not quite clean after I use them. I use them more to perk myself up a little/refresh my face than I do to replace washing my face at the end of the day. YMMV though - makeup wipes in general are not something I love to use unless I'm feeling really tired and lazy 😉

Can anyone PLEASE recommend a good matte black, creamy gel eyeliner? I know some people swear by MUFE one but my GOODNESS, I ended up throwing it away because from the getgo it was dry, not even inglot's oil that helps with gel liners helped that p.o.s. out, lol. And I put a lot! I want a good ease of application, this mufe one was just as bad as the benefit push up liner. :"|

I haven't tried it, but apparently the NYX Epic Black Mousse liner is amazing...

Bobbi Brown gel liner in Black Ink! It's my favorite 

Inglot. Their own gel liner isn't entirely gel, but not totally whatever the next near solid is. Whatever it is, it does isn't overly reflective and doesn't crumble in the presence of moisture.. 20 stars. I'd vote for it for president.

I quite like tartes tartists liner.

LOVE this killer shadow combo, awesome pic, thanks for that. 😊 I could never recreate it though, I'm not that good.

It's killing me!! I want that look! Can't stop looking at that pic.

the one in the tube? i've been eyeing that one for a while

Yes, the tip is actually kinda like a bowl, so i just push out a tiny bit at a time and then spread it on my brush using the bowl. Ive seen people put it on their hand but they are wasting much of it by doing that

Do you prefer in a pot or in pencil form?  I really like YSL eliner effet faux cils.  It comes on a pot.  It lasts a good long time unless you happen to leave the lid off all day (which I've done before). 

Lmao! I prefer in a pot

Mac blacktrack fluidline.  Or Sephora

gel liner

I second the Sephora liner. I've had mine for years without it drying out or going bad.

oh wow! hm that sounds interesting because i am prone to be forgetful in screwing caps back on <<

Well, I can't promise it will last after that, but ... 😉

I'll have to swatch those tomorrow when I head to the mall!

1 Reply
testing