Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

They're super beautiful but also as casual as you want them to be.   I ended up wearing the one I got just lounging around the house.  

Bonus- I get extra hugs in it!  

some of you saw this on my ig but i gotta post this here. my mother.

mom.jpg

1. Love that she's in your phone as "mother."

2. Love that she signs her texts. 😄

Hehehehe!   Cute!!! Tell her to check the floor by the walls.   My stuff constantly rolls off (darn cat) and is found along the walls.   

😂😂😂

A quick question,,,, Any one using or has used Tata Harper Rejuvenating serum? I opened aa DS of it and it smells extremely unpleasant. I thought it might be that fragrance free thing so I gathered courage and put it on my face but it gives my slight burning on cheeks. I don't have sensitive skin and am rarely allergic to skincare products. Has the sample gone bad or the product actually has this strong smell to it?

I tried a sample a few days ago and I didn't like the scent either, but it was an herbal scent not like a spoiled scent. It didn't burn my cheeks so I'm guessing maybe you got a bad sample.

I had a sample recently and don't recall a strong smell. Many of the Tata Harper products smell herbal to me but not unpleasant. You may have gotten a bad sample. 

I think you are right. I have used almost all other Tata Harper products but none of them has this kind of smell. I guess it'll go in trash which is such a shame because it is a very pricey 10ml  sample 🙁 

i've never tried the serum, but if it burns your cheeks, don't use it ! even if it hasn't technically gone off !!

I have washed it immediately. I am asking because

1) I am curious to know

2) If it is gone bad, I'll throw it away but if the scent is supposed to be like this, I may pass it to someone else who want to try it .

I guess not really beauty related but it kind of is?

A few of you know I'm taking a trip to Europe come the end of May. Since we're starting in Barcelona and ending in Paris we didn't book a round trip flight. Well, I just finally bought my return flight! It's a late flight from Paris with an overnight stop in Stockholm, which I am totally fine with because it means an extra day in France and at least half a day in Sweden. I am relieved it's now taken care of.

Anyway, makeup stuff I should look out for in Europe? I know there are some old threads but I don't feel like digging.

Oh, oh! Make sure you hit up the Cafe du Trocadero! You'll have an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower and according to my aunt their croque Monsieur/Madame is super yummy (she goes there every weekend for one). 

Not beauty, but in Barcelona - go have tea/coffee/pastries at Caelum

and Paris...definitely Laduree. There is one off of St-Honore and there is so much shopping there (Colette). And it's near Fashion Mecca - 31 rue Cambon. (There is a Chanel boutique across from that Laduree, if memory serves me right). My favorite Laduree is in Saint Germain des Pres. It has an Asian vibe and there's lots of good shopping in that area too, including Sisley.

Definitely have to second Serge Lutens! If you're into perfume, I saw that bois de jasmin has a listing of shops to visit!

Laduree?  Boutique or maybe in Paris Sephora.

If you like perfume (and I think you do!) the Serge Lutens boutique is in Paris 🙂

I have plans to visit it when I'm there later this year.

Anonymous Insider

In addition to the suggestions below, I have heard that the Guerlain flagship store is amazing 🙂

thats on the bucket list for me

I don't think there's much in the way of cosmetics in Barcelona...but they have great food!!!!!  

France I was never in long enough to actually go shopping on my own so all I know of is the Sephora.  

Have fun on your trip!   

When I went to Italy last year, we went to the original Santa Maria Novella perfumery. I purchased a couple perfumes, and now every time I wear one, those scents immediately transport me back to that time and where I was. It's a good memory so I would recommend things like that which will remind you of your travels.

One of their perfumes is the one my husband bought me in paris on our honeymoon.  We were broke at the time so it was a big deal.  Even smelling is without putting it on makes me smile, so I would love to go there. 

1 Reply
testing