Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I started using this as a temporary replacement for retinol.  I haven't broke out or anything( my skin is more on the dry side), but I can tell you it doesn't work as well as retinol.   

I use it right after washing and toning my face and about five to ten minutes before night cream.  

Thanks for the feedback!

I love the pro genius oil. My skin is oily, sensitive and acne prone. I've been using it for 3-4 months with the pro genius omega treatment. I haven't had any breakouts or adverse reactions. The pairing has really helped my sore skin this winter. I use it as my last step nightly. It absorbs well and feels light on the skin.

Do you pair it with a moisturizer before applying this oil?

Typically my pm regimen is cleanse, tone, treat (acne), moisturize and the oil to top it off. When I use the omega treatment though I skip moisturizer as the omega is moisturizing on its own. Hope this helps! 

For those of you who swap your makeup, what's the best way to sanitize lipstick?

Lots and lots of alcohol. 

Wipe the surface down (bullet and case) with a beauty wipe and then spray everything with alcohol and let sit until dry.

Shaving off the top part with a blade and dipping the tip in alcohol for 30 seconds works for me.   

I've taken a q-tip and taken it off of the stick and applied it that way. 

I use BeautySoClean wipes that I order from Beautylish.

I'm so sorry njattana

*offers your preferred expression of sympathies - hug, no hug, hot guy for distraction, a basket of kittens or puppies.*

basket of meezers.jpgpuppies in a basin.jpg

I'm not certain what your preference in hot guys are, so you'll have to give me a general description or the specific name of a celebrity dude - but I've got some tall dark and delicious for you in the meantime...

alcide.jpgmomoa.jpg

Oops, I just fell back into this thread for some eye candy...... 😛

Like I said, tall dark and delicious. 🙂

Joe's torso brought me to this thread today. I recognized the thumbnail of just his torso as his.....surprise additional Jason Momoa pic was a bonus!

The kitties win (for me) even though it was a really close call.

I am still praying for you, Nina.

I think the reason my skin is drying out is because my Clarins cleanser that I use nightly is more of an exfoliator. I really loved the Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser, but I think it might be too harsh too. Opinions? Would one of the other TH cleansers be better for daily use?

which clarins cleanser do you use ? have you ever tried NUDE omega jelly ? it's my FAVE. super gentle, super effective. 

testing