Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I hate foundation! I usually use a BB or nothing - glad to see you are enjoying the naturalness 🙂

Ahh I was wondering where you were!  Been missing you!!!

Missing you too gf! Nice to see you holding down the fort haha. 

Totally random. I avoid heavy foundation because I am not confident if I can blend it properly. Yesterday when I mixed Cover Fx custom drops in my moisturizer, I accidentally added two drops instead of my usual one. Instead of wasting it and making new mixture, I applied it with black Beauty Blender pro ( got in holiday BB kit and used it first time yesterday) and it blended so nicely and way more quickly than the original BB. I am thoroughly impressed and I think I can venture into medium coverage products if not full .

Oh my god... I tried a sample of the Kat Von D lock it in foundation.  I think I used a beauty blender, but I can't remember.  It looked so bad I had to wash it off right away.  UGGGGH!  I'm shuddering just thinking of how bad it looked!  I'd love to try a full coverage concealer but not at the expense of having the foundation pool in my pores and look disgusting.

Ok you are making me reconsider the idea of going a bit heavy on Color 😀

Waiting not so patiently for Ulta to do a sale on NYX, especially their lip products so I can try out the new launches. 

I am waiting for the same Steph!  My Ulta has eye products Bogo but not all Nyx.  I want the ombre blushes, and Im hoping theyre not as dissappointing as the WnW.

If the blushes are anything like the swatches I've seen, they're great. 

It seems my *want* schedule ever lines up with their *sale* schedule!

I'm hoping for a 40% off sale soon! 

For those interested, I got the response from DDG about their being a Vegan brand. It's so good to know we can have more and more products (specifically Retinol products) which are vegan.

image.jpeg

Nude Progenius Rescue Oil ... 

Who uses it? Do you like it? Have you broken out from it? How do you use it? Can this work as a serum before my moisturizer?

I am always leery on trying new skincare so any feedback would be much appreciated!

I have combo/oily skin with occasional breakouts and hyperpigmentation.

http://www.sephora.com/progenius-omega-treatment-rescue-oil-P396493?skuId=1684489

I have combo oily skinNd I never experienced. A breakout.  In fact when I started working I got. A nasty rash on my forehead and I was worried it was really rough,  itchy and whatnot.  Using this oil really helped me.  Love it.  I guess it just depends what your skin likes or doesn't like. 

Anonymous Insider

Love it fore redness and reducing inflammation, but I think you will have issues putting a moisturizer on top of an oil. In general moisturizers can't penetrate an oil barrier and this is a pretty thick oil.

I used this for a few days and I'm fairly certain that it made me break out. I have heard so many good things about it and I was excited to try it, so I was really disappointed when it didn't work for me. 

Anonymous Insider

It is really rich, with transretinol ingredients. I'd call it more for for dry and irritated skin.

I had problems with it, too.

My combo/oily skin did not take to it at all 😞

Same here...its not for oily skin

I feel better now - I thought I was the only one who couldn't use it! I thought it was sort of a general-purpose oil - I didn't know it was for dry/irritated skin. 

I love this stuff! I have similar skin to yours. Previously I used it at night in my PM routine, but I have switched to using it after a serum and before moisturizer in my morning routine and found it does a great job there. I wait about 5 minutes after applying to put my moisturizer on though to allow it to sink in. When I do feel the occasional spot popping up I will put a little dab of this right on top, and the next day the spot is noticeably smaller.

testing