Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I'm so sorry 😞

My condolences.. 😞

Anonymous Insider

I'm so sorry nj 😞 You and your family are in my thoughts. We're here if you need anything. 

I'm so sorry for your loss 😞

I'm sorry for your loss 😞

So sorry for your loss

Sorry to heat that njattana.  My condolences are with you.

So sorry for your loss ❤️

So sorry... Positive thoughts to you and your family.

I'm sorry for your loss, NJ 😞

Anyone have eyelash extensions? I've been watching videos of pros and cons about them and am still on the fence about it. I'm not sure if I can upkeep the maintenance, especially since I wear waterproof eyeliner and liquid eyeliner. I also don't know if I'll be that careful to avoid the eyes while washing my face (out of habit). 

I got them last year.  If you do decide to get them get the thicker set as they stick to one another better if they're thick.  Remember you have to keep them conditioned and not use oil based make up remover or they won't last as long.   You also ideally should sleep on your back to avoid bending them out of shape.  

They look terrible when they start falling out with your natural lash loss, so you have to keep them up or you go through an awkward stage of having some long and some short patches.  

Tried them once, never again! It you are good with upkeep then go ahead and try them, but they were irritating to me (beautiful, but annoying). Also make sure you go to someone who had years of training.

Anonymous Insider

A lot of masks are pretty fragile and say hand wash.

The Bucky 40 blinks can stand up to around 8 wks of machine washing before the polyester totally delaminates. The Mack dreamweaver mask is the best for standing up to that kind of washing machine abuse, especially if you throw it in a delicates bag first. I'm at four months on the first one I bought and have a second so I can rotate them.

Can anyone figure out Lady Gaga's eyeshadow makeup from the super bowl? It was awesome looking!! I didn't know if it was Lit red sparkles or what. Thanks in advance!

Try You Tube.  'Lady Gaga Super Bowl Make-Up Tutorial'

Many girls already demonstrating Gaga's look with success.

I'm not speaking to the safety of this, but when I belly danced, I picked up this habit from other dancers in my troupe: we would use ultra fine craft glitter adhered with Mehron mixing liquid.  Dip a brush in the liquid, dip it in the glitter, pat on eyes.  Clean brush, start over, never try to swipe or blend.  Close or partially close eyes to let dry thoroughly.  I'd guess that this is closer to what she uses for performance, though perhaps with a real cosmetic grade glitter.  Some glitters, even microglitters, are cut with sharp edges, and cosmetic grade are made with rounded edges, making them less likely to scratch or tear.  I never had any problems with the ultra fine glitter from the scrapbook section of Michael's, nor has anyone I know, but that doesn't mean that it's the safest practice.

The glittery effect was definitely eye-catching.

I couldn't tell you what exactly was used, but there are options for recreating out there on the internet. MUFE has diamond powder, MAC has glitters.

Honestly the FDA has not approved any glitter for use around the eyes and for good reason - we only get the one pair, and damage from abrasions or reaction to the colorants can be so serious as to cause blindness. Does this happen all the time to every person who uses glitter around their eyes? No. And people can choose to use it regardless - but it's worth the effort to suggest that one should keep the risks in mind.

She did look cool though. 😛

I have a Sephora order to place and I can't decide between the Belif hydrating essence promo or the Cover FX drops promo.

I'm leaning towards the CFX drops since I've heard so many great things, but I'm not sure which color to get. My Color IQ is 1y02 and the match for it would be the drops in N10 - fair to light skintone with neutral undertones. Do you think that would be a good fit??

That sounds like it would work on you, yes. Or at least you'd be able to use it in something that leaned a bit dark for you.

I am usually 3y02, 2y03, somewhere around there, and G20 worked a lot better for me than N10, but I think you're paler than I am and you're definitely less warm-toned.

You're the best - thank you!!

3 Replies
testing