Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Is this weird? I literally don't know how to apply eyeshadow. I think it's beautiful and I covet pretty palettes but aside from smearing a single colour on my lid I have no clue what to do with it. Of all the makeup things I find it the most confounding. My skills in this area literally never progressed past high school. 

Anonymous Insider

BT helps a lot, when Laritheloud would post she would explain that she patted on eyeshadow. I think that the biggest break through was when I was on agapelovegirl's YT to look at eyeshadow swatches and saw her do an application with a zoomed in camera. OH. You mean it won't fall out doing more passes like that!

Light bulb moment.

What's really funny is that if you do any sort of painting for fun it can translate to doing your makeup. By nature we can blend and mix so easily on another media.

I was like this when I first started getting more interested in makeup. I would literally watching tutorials on YouTube WHILE applying the makeup, until I learned techniques that were best for me as well as brushes, etc. Once you figure out what's best for you it becomes second nature!

I'm still learning. I never wore eye shadow for that reason...and blush. Someone on BT suggested watching YT videos, so I've watched a few to get an idea. I still bumble thru it!

Thank you guz and sam! Good to know I'm not alone. I seriously feel like a dolt in this area. And eyeliner...ack. A whole other kettle o' fail.

Haha I'm with you re: eyeliner also.

I can't do eyeliner either, I rarely wear it lol

I must be weird too. I don't own eyeshadow for this reason. I am in awe of how beautifully people apply it. 

Really? You don't own any eyeshadow? But... but... you always look so pretty in your pictures. That's wearing NOTHING?

Well, thank you jozkid! I don't own any. I'm totally into lipsticks now. Maybe eyeshadow next? 😉

Not weird. I'm still learning.

Not weird at all.  I don't know how to apply it properly either.  I used to just apply one cream shadow across my whole lid and call it a day.  Now that I'm actively trying to apply multiple shadows (both powders and cream) I'm finding that it's a lot harder than it looks.

I'll be needing new serums so I am eyeing Drunk Elephant and DDG serums. My first concern is always if the products I am eyeing have all the permissible ingredients. I sent emails to both brands inquiring about their products. Got the reply from DE which I am very happy with. Thought I should share it in case anyone else wants to know. I'll post about DDG once I get their reply.

Screenshot_2016-02-06-17-17-40.png

Thanks for posting this. The Drink Elephant brand seems to have great products, I've only tried samples so far tho. And I dig the name!

I know DDG is cruelty free and some products but not all are vegan. The peel pads and the ferulic and retinol serum are vegan. Their website will list if a product is vegan on the product page.  So glad there are more companies making CF and vegan quality products!

Can anyone think of a candle that smells like roses? I need the perfect rose candle. 

Jo Malone Red Roses.  Smells just like roses

Big fat ditto to this!  It's like you stuck your face in a rose bouquet!

Let me check that one out:)

Would Diptyque roses be too obvious an answer?

Not too obvious. I see people rave about those candles but didn't want to buy blindly lol.

Is that really great gwp still going on?

Dior Glowing Nude has been taken off the site completely. Whomp whomp.

1 Reply
testing