Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I didnt know where to put this. But wanted to share my unique way of using the Karen Walker brush stand. 

image.jpeg

So I was browsing on Ulta's site and noticed that they upped the Platinum qualification to $450 per year. If I'm not mistaken, 2014 was $350 and 2015 was $400. I am betting next year will be $500. Not a huge increase considering I spent that relatively quickly last year, however with my goal of 2016 being a low-buy year it is possible I may not re-qualify for platinum next year (with or without the $50 requalification increase). I can't complain too much though considering their rewards program is so much better than... others.

1915644_10153843779051552_6679894373631947512_n.jpg

Anonymous Insider

RIP Bowie. Thanks for the eulogies and your legacy.

One of my favorites! He will be missed. 

upload_6333840509375984794.gif

I love this.....truly captures his genius! Will miss him very much. Great memories with his songs...

upload_3281648162385565221.jpg

bowieday2.jpg

the accompanying face from WAYWT thread

Spoiler
bowieday.jpg

my perfume pouch (in my purse at all times)

bowiepouch

Anonymous Insider

Your tribute could not be more beautiful! 🙂

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I've been wanting this forever! I need to get it!!

David Bowie is dead. I'm in shock. Complete and utter shock. My husband is going to break out crying in the morning when he sees this news. 

How can he be gone? My Rock Godfather. He wrote the soundtrack to my youth, and inspired practically every other band I became interested in. 

I think I was 11 or 12 when I saw "Fashion" on Mtv and it BLEW my mind. It was such a crazy song and the video kind of creeped me out. And I loved it. Plus he looks amazing in this video. This is the Bowie I fell madly in love with and wanted to run away with. My husband always knew I had a free pass should the opportunity present itself. 

RIP Mr. Jones. So sad you have left us, but thank you for all the gifts you left behind. This is a sad day. 

Anonymous Insider

He left his eulogies in Black Star & Lazarus ... I am so grateful he made the effort to do that.

Anonymous Insider

I think my jaw dropped when I listened to Lazarus. I don't think I've ever been more stunned, comparatively when Johnny Cash passed and hearing AnG... definitely his eulogy album. I have so much respect for David and his family supporting him with Blackstar.

This is all so surreal.  Not knowing him, but being so inspired by him that it felt like you did.  He was so versatile that he touched millions with his music/art.  Most of us have felt like the outcast at some point in our lives, he embodied that feeling all to well.

David was the first man I loved, as much as a child could.  I loved Labryinth more than one should.  The soundtrack was my life.  I was so desperate to own it.  I was in 3rd grade, it was Christmas time.  As I eyed all of the presents around the tree I immediately noticed one that was the shape of a cassette tape with my name on it.  I picked it up, hid it under my shirt, and went to my room.  I carefully picked at the tape until I could slide the cassette out without actually opening the wrapping all the way.  Of course it was the Labryinth soundtrack.  Now I am convinced that my parents only bought it for me so they could have the tv back and I could have my music still.  But it meant so much to me that I still remember that gift (and it's the only one I specifically remember) 25 years later.  Needless to say I found his other music in my teenage years.  He really made you feel like there were other people like you in the world.  Rest in peace Mr. Bowie

Oh no, It just so happens I was trying to watch labyrinth with my 4.5 year old twins yesterday, we got to the helping hands section and they thought it was too scary, but I was just saying to them how much I loved that movie.  Sigh

I'm still trying to process this... My brain is in denial. I'm numb. I don't know what to say. Or think.

My feelings too. I've been trying to articulate how I feel for hours, my brain can't process. Initially I thought this was a hoax, a cruel joke.

I was really hoping it was a hoax, no matter how cruel...

Oh no.... 😞 The world has lost one of the most beautiful, talented dream babes of ever. This makes me really sad.

While part of my heart is breaking for us, the fans, I can't stop thinking of his beautiful wife Iman and their little girl. If nothing else makes me cry, that will definitely do it.

1 Reply
testing