Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Omg I'm so happy you used it!!  That's one of my absolute favorite products from Lush!  I can't live without it.  

Yay!  I love all their rose-scented things and not in the least because they are made from Turkish rose absolute 😛

Ladies who use cleansing balm (Clinique, Eve Lom, Sunday Riley etc), how much do you use each time and how do you scoop the product out of the jar?

I use Sunday Riley Blue Moon, and have been using a dessert-size plastic spoon to scoop out about 1 tablespoon's worth of product each time. The jar is dwindling rapidly!

While the balm is absolutely lovely, i am a little distraught at the prospect of repurchasing a $50 cleanser multiple times a year. I wonder whether i have been using an overly generous amount; i will try using less tomorrow but wanted to ask around to see how much other people used.

I probably use half that (maybe even a third) and it works fine. 

I use about half that amount. 

I happened to stop in sephora and somewhat mindlessly checked the sale section while killing time, not really expecting to find anything. Managed to find both a KVD blush and shifter shadow. Made my otherwise iffy rainy day!

top 3 fave mascaras:

1. GUERLAIN maxi lash

2. ARMANI black ecstasy

3. GIVENCHY noir couture 4-in-1 

🙂

I only have 2 favorites so far since I haven't been wearing mascara for very long.  Let me preface by saying that I have naturally long thick lashes so all I need mascara for is separating and defining.

1. Nars Audacious

2. Benefit Roller Lash

and my biggest mascara disappointments are probably NARS audacious and UD perversion.

What did you dislike about Perversion? I've been using that one recently and am almost ready to declare it an HG.

It's funny to me just how personal and divisive mascaras are -- more than just about any other beauty product, I feel!

I loooove Audacious now, too! Got it in the Lash Stash and it works better than the YSL Volume Effet I tried before it. I don't have the flakiness issue I've seen people complain about and I think it works so well BECAUSE of the brush.

But you're right; mascaras are one of those more divisive products.

Nars audacious felt like it wanted to drill out my eye lid.

SAME !!! i've had brushes i've preferred over others, sure, but never one that was physically uncomfortable. i found that quite shocking. but i'd probably have tolerated it if i liked the results, which i did not. it's supposed to be a buildable mascara, but i found it never did anything for me really. every time i tried it (and being a NARS die hard everyone can safely assume i tried it loads) my lashes looked anemic.

Lmfao oh god I wasn't expecting to read anemic.

Ooh, mine are:

1. YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

2. Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter Gel Mascara

3. Guerlain Maxi Lash

1. Chantecaille mascara

2. givenchy noir coutur 4 in 1

3. guerlain maxi lash

i see a pattern. 😮 

i'm waiting for the my marc jacobs velvet mascara 100 pt  sample. i wonder if itll be replacing any of these mascaras 😉 

I just got the MJ Velvet Noir Mascara as the 100 points perk in my most recent Sephora trip. I have tried it every day since and I quite like it. The only thing is it takes a while for it to set, so if you're not careful, it will transfer black dots if you open your eyes too much. But, after a minute or two it stops. I like the fullness and definition it gives. Even though it would be the most expensive mascara I have ever bought (I only use drugstore) I am considering buying it around when the sample runs out (which would probably be around my birthday anyhow).

MJ Velvet Noir is amazing!! And it's rare that I find a higher end mascara that really works for me.

Can't wait to try it

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

The promo photos for that new MJ mascara remind me of that Maybelline Chaotic mascara that we were all dumbstruck by a while back.... 😐 I hope the MJ actually looks better than that.

testing