Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I have found that on me the "champagne" is lost and all I see is glitter, although that was when I was still summer tan (or my pale version of such a thing anyway) so it might be different now... Of course now I couldn't tell you where I put it. lol.

Yes!!!! I love CP!!!! It's so pretty. Though I heard it works better on olive skintones or shows up better...swatch in-store if you can...I have Rose Gold and Opal and CP. I LOVE Opal and CP. If it works for you, don't hesitate- just get it!!! -says the one on a no/low-buy- =( 

Well, CP is very different from Moonstone and Rose Gold.  I think you need it because it is gorgeous!  

Since I have Opal and CP, what are you thoughts/feelings about getting Moonstone and/or Pearl?

Jess, how dark are you?  I think it depends on that and what kind of highlight you like.  

I'm pretty olive and I found it too frosty.

Well you probably don't need Moonstone since it is a pale gold but Pearl is different enough from both Opal and CP.  So if you feel like you should limit yourself to just 1 I say go for Pearl.  But in my opinion, having all the shades, I feel like both Moonstone and Pearl are necessary.  That's also because I'm a highlighter junkie 😛

this is perhaps a week late to declare, but i really think my NARS eyeshadow duo in bellissima is my favorite makeup find / purchase of 2015. and i know, without any doubt, that it'll be a repurchase. 

i also want to announce that even with all the liquid lipstick love of 2015, NARS audacious are still, in fact, my reigning queens of lipstick. i'm proud of my collection i, errrrr, curated over the year, despite the bit of money guilt that came with it. 

on a similar note, though, RIP to my NARS audacious rita, who was lost at my mother's over christmas. i'm hoping she'll rise from the dead 😞

I love best of lists and would love to see your best of skincare list.

Bellissima is wonderful.  I have a NARS. Greta somewhere I can't find but I was beginning to think I imagines it and actually came across the receipt the other day so now I really want to find it!

I've read good things about Kiko cosmetics. So, I was really excited when I found out that they're now available in the US. I just received my order of metallic shine eye shadows, and I am beyond impressed with their quality, texture, and pigmentation. On first swatch, they may be my favorite shadows of all time.

I'm trying to be on a low spend this year, but now I'm so curious about the rest of their stuff. It's all very reasonably priced, but I don't actually need any of it. The temptation is real.

Same. I am already planning another order, and may even check out the store in my city. 

I agree! I have some of their eyeliners, shadow sticks, lipsticks, and a powder. I really like everything I've bought (just got the powder today so I haven't had a chance to give that a try yet). Now I feel like I need to try the eye shadows, too!

I tried Jeffree Star's lip scrub last night and I just have to gush about it.  I've used a lot of lip exfoliators and they always leave me lips craving moisture so I use them at night in order to apply my Vaseline right after.  With the JS one it actually left my lips incredibly soft but nourished at the same time.  I was amazed.  The added bonus is that it smells and tastes sooo good!  Like seriously, I just want to eat it.  

I love them too!! I wasn't expecting the jar to be so big and I feel the price point is really great for what you get. 

Oh of course!  I opened up the box and was surprised too.  

I know a lot of people here do not like Barbie, and that's fine. But I wanted to share how much I loooove the Barbie calendars illustrated by Robert Best. I just find them so beautiful and inspiring, but I personally love how overly feminine they are. That is not everyone's taste and I understand. It is one of my favorite gifts to get every christmas. Some day I'm going to frame my favorites and put them by my vanity. Does anyone else use these calendars?

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 1.43.14 PM.png

rsz_screen_shot_2016-01-06_at_14304_pm.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 1.45.16 PM.png

I loved Barbie. I remember all those fabulous gowns by Mackey. I always wanted some for mine but never got any. This reminds me of that.

These pictures remind me of being10 years old and stumbling across a stash of vintage (60s???) Barbies and accessories in my grandma's attic!! They were the most glamorous thing I'd ever seen.

So gorgeous!! I was a Barbie fanatic up until I was 12/13 years old. I still have them and their accessories, cars, etc lol

Oh wow! I've never seen these before but they are truly beautiful. They would look lovely on your vanity!

Those are beautiful illustrations.  Barbie is iconic.  I grew up with Barbies and always wanted new clothes for her.  I even had the big head that you could do her makeup and hair.

testing