Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Me too (on both counts)!

Thanks! March bday here. Better freebie than last year!

What I learned from my morning reading:

That there's this new beauty treatment called the "vagacial" - and yes it's for exactly the place you're thinking of because who wouldn't want the equivalent of a facial for their lady bits - well other than me because I've always found soap and water to be effective for cleaning the externals and the internal portion is like a self-cleaning oven.

I'm only slightly bothered by the term used - I suppose that using the actual term for the area (vulv-acial doesn't have the same ring to it as **bleep**-acial) could confuse potential customers but really...(sigh) 😛

Had to laugh at the "self cleaning oven." I remember Dr. Oz saying that years ago on Oprah and he said that "you shouldn't stick anything in there that doesn't belong." Oprah just lost it and she and the audience were just practically rolling on the floor.

If you think the vagacial is crazy they are also selling pink dye for the "v area" because it's said that you lose color in that area as you age. Also, at a former hair salon, they sell "Betty" it's a hair dye for that area. Sorry but if I'm allowing you down in that area, you should have nothing to complain about!

Well, since I'm not using mine as the gateway to my baby-oven - self cleaning function aside - I had to find something to do with it....can't store things in it that don't belong there, though one could argue that it's up to the bits' owner-lady to decide what belongs in there!)

So now it's where I makes the magic happen. 😉 Allllll the magic.

ok first off Self Cleaning Oven. LMAO.

second. Yes people would get confused. Do you know how many people mix up uvula with **bleep**? Imagine the shock on someones face who thinks there having a throat treatment and finds out they were waaaay off on the body part.

Gah--the fact that perfectly scientific words like the one you used are bleeped on this site REALLY BOTHERS ME. Those aren't bad words, Sephora. You don't bleep 'elbow', so why would you bleep the v-words?

This is still bothering me.  As an experiment, I'm going to list some scientific names for body parts (just to see what gets bleeped):

1. nose

2. finger

3. knee

4. **bleep**

5. toe

6. **bleep**

7. uvula

8. **bleep**

9. **bleep**

10. navel

There are no slang words or swear words in the list above. 

I cracked up at "self-cleaning oven."

Well it sort of is! The majority of women's reproductive system is internal and has a built in mechanism for cleaning itself/maintaining the ideal environment ph/flora/good bacteria....and the important parts of an oven are inside an outer housing, and engineered to clean itself to stay in the optimal condition for humans to use the oven to cook food!

The comparison is just the best one I know to convey how ladybits have evolved to work and why all the frou-frou stuff marketed to women for the area might as well be lysol level of bad and totally unnecessary! Why use harsh chemical cleaners on your self-cleaning oven! 😛

me three 😛

Me too! XD

Wow yikes!  This actually reminds me of a House MD episode where he was treating an obsessively clean man in the clinic.  The patient used extra long hair clippers to get at all the hairs in his nose.  Turns out he had developed Athlete's Foot in his nose.  

It's so random and first-world, isn't it? I mean to each their own, but like you, soap and water has been more than adequate for me. Self-cleaning oven is right. Plus I feel these types of treatments reinforce the idea that women's body parts are unclean. Douches have gone out of fashion. I guess they needed another way to make us feel dirty. 

I'm also bothered by the improper use of terms for female body parts. Vulv a isn't a bad word. 

Ha! Douches. Remember those stupid commercials with the chic running through a field of flowers feeling so "fresh" after using one? . And hello! What about guys? They can have issues with their twig and berries. Why no product for that?!

Don't forget the ads with a young woman and her MOTHER.

I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm feeling not so fresh down there I'm going to make an appointment and talk to my doctor, not ask my mom what she uses, if she actually even did in the first place!

"Twig and berries"?! Okay, this has got to stop because I can't stop laughing.

I cracked up at the *bleep* for adding a dash, when I used the same term at the beginning of my post without one and it went through. Censoring the use of these terms when it's not in an explicit or derogatory context is ridiculous!

Women should do what they like when it comes to grooming and care of the lady bits - they don't need special sprays, cleansers, or treatments (though anyone who chooses to have various cosmetic procedures down there shouldn't be ashamed, it's their body and their choice!). Grooming of the area has created a whole industry. I wish that women weren't made to feel like they need to have a certain 'look' down there to be acceptable.

This is a bit off topic, but I still consider it beauty related. Because breasts are beautiful!

I wanted to share my extremely grateful news about my genetic testing. Long story short, I do not have the BRCA mutations that are contributors to breast cancer. I lost my mom when she was 45 to the disease. She was diagnosed at 36. Because of this history, I've been getting mammograms and MRI's since I was 33 (45 now). They also tested for 15 other mutations that are related to breast cancer, and I'm mutation free!

My doctors have been pressuring me to have this testing done for many years. But I was too scared about the outcome. I wasn't prepared to take the next step, should the news be bad. But last year, at age 44, I finally had the courage to face whatever I was dealt. I was completely prepared to have a mastectomy. I realized my life is more important to me than losing my breasts. And mine are getting a little saggy anyway, so I figured new ones would look great LOL!

Thanks for reading and letting me share. I'm very relieved and happy to start the new year with much more hope. 

Yay Pixie! That is such great news!!

thats beyond wonderful! after losing my dad to esophageal cancer, I fully understand the fear the spectre of cancer can incite. So glad you are mutation free 🙂

35 Replies
testing