Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Thanks! Gotta try in stores for my size 🙂

I gave up trying to buy Burnished Amber because the prices were waaaay out of my price range for a quad.

Burnished Amber has gone for $400+ and I'm not talking a single palette. That was it's going rate on eBay for awhile. Don't take it personally. You never know how much the person paid for it.

even if she didn't over pay, I still kinda get it. It really upset me when I gave someone a really good deal on something collectible and desirable  (another hobby) and then she re-sold it for twice the price a week after she received it. The lesson I learned was not to re-sell for much less than the going rate minus ebay fees (which I would save) unless the person was a good friend.

Plus, if it's going for 3-4 times what I paid, I'm gonna take the profit to buy other stuff I want more or I might just as well keep it since I'll never be able to re-buy it for cost again.

Nothing personal about it

Kinda beauty-related: Just saw clips of the Miss Universe announcement...EPIC!

OMG , It's horrible 😮

I just watched it too on youtube. How embarrassing! And no one quite knew what to do with the crown. 

well i mean if its 300 dollars it better be made out of gold and unicorn tears. sheesh dont they know how many lipsticks you can get with $300 😕

What's funny is that isn't even the highest I've seen.  I've seen enchanted going for +$300 at times 

That's ridiculous

Anonymous Insider

Just wanted to share this picture. A transformation by Lisa Eldridge Heart

IMG_20151219_102711.jpg

Anonymous Insider

I love her for not only her MU skills but also her calming voice....Her videos never annoy me!!!!!!

she's therapy. that video she did on how to wear your makeup when seeing your ex for the first time after a breakup was like accessing the portal to the big sister i never had. what a treasure of a person she is.

You know that is what I think whenever I watch one of her video. No weird gestures, squeaking or unnecessary chatter.

Anonymous Insider

amazing

That's incredible! I need to find out what lipstick that is.

You can find the video of this transformation on her website.

I love Lisa! So talented!

She is my favourite!

The worst is when you see someone cutting lipsticks out of the tube to melt down in a palette 😞

1 Reply
testing