Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Welcome home! That's a long time to not be sleeping!

Thank you!  Yes I know.  It's weird, I'm not even very tired.  Also the coffee could be a factor...

Go to sleep lady!!! ❤️

Haha ikr!  

I broke my Tarte Brow Architect today. I was talking with my little one while doing makeup and didn't realize that I have twisted it all the way out. So when I started drawing the line a big part of it broke and fell down Cat Sad  This is all I am left with.

IMG_20151213_241857469.jpg

I have a long hate/ love story associated with it but at the end Love won. 

My It Cosmetics Brow pencil snapped a huge piece today. I feel your pain.

Awww, Looks like today wasn't a good day for Brows 😞

I've had a couple of little white sties on my eyelids for probably a year now. Usually when I got them, they would go away after a month or so, but these buggers are persistent. 

My coworker told me she goes to the dermatologist and has them drained with a needle, but I was hoping there was a less drastic solution than that... I bought some charcoal wipes to start cleaning my face regularly (have only been using water for a long time).

I used to do the oil-cleansing method (olive oil + caster oil) and that seemed to make my face very smooth. 

I wonder if either of those face-cleansing methods could get rid of these annoying things. Anyone else have any tips making them disappear?

I used to be so frustrated with the white bumps under my eye. Before confirming with my dermatologist that they were not milia and I am unfortunately stuck with them (without lasering or cutting them off), I found this thread helpful.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Skincare-Concerns/Under-Eye-Bumps-NOT-milia/qaq-p/358923

I do recommend discussing with a Dr, because if they truly are not milia, treatments for milia will not work.

Interesting. What did your doctor say they were, if not milia?

Anonymous Insider

Have you been doing warm compresses on them?

If it has been there for a year without responding to compresses you should go to the doctor, you may need antibiotic drops.

I should've mentioned they are milia, not sties, haha. Forgot there is a specific name for them.

I'll try warm compressing, thank you for the suggestion. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Ahhh, ok that is very different. Compresses should help but the main cause would be a product irritating that area of your face. Milia are a step down from rashes or acne as a response to irritation.

I'm tempted to use my 20% coupon and cash out my 4000+ points, I usually save them for my birthday(June) but there isn't a 20% off even then. 

Should I use or keep saving them?

I'd use it with the 20% off coupon because you'll get more bang for your buck.  Buuuuut, if I remember correctly I think they have a 20% off coupon in January plus a triple point event.

Since you have Roses de Chloe on your mind, I would go for it.  You will enjoy it every time you use it. When you find a fragrance you love, it is so worth cashing in your points.  

Definitely use the coupon, especially if you need some staples that don't normally go on sale. 4,000 points!? What is the dollar amount tied to that? I think the highest I've gotten before cashing them in has been around 1,500, which was around $65. One time I used it for some staples, and another time I paid $9 for a bottle of Dior j'adore. 

4000 points = $250.

Lol I take advantage of their point multipliers when they come around. 

Roses de Chloe has really been on my mind and my coupon includes fragrance this time around!

If you have owned the Chloe Roses before I say go for it!  

If not, I would just buy the small $35.

I own this one because I love the scent.

But, I did buy my Chloe Roses kit at 26% off and took it back.

The $120 (?) kit is not worth the money.  The scent doesn't last, the lotion is very watery and mildly  scented, and the worst part the Chloe bottle tarnishes in a very short amount of time.

I was bummed.

Ulta just has the 1oz - 2.5oz bottles, I was looking for the purse spray/roller ball but they don't have it. 

I have a couple more sample vials stashed away, the scent seems to last a while on me.

Do you think it would be better to wait? Maybe I could find it discounted some where...

Oh, I do too. Well, I don't think it would hurt to use your coupon for some fragrance, earn some more points, and keep saving! 

2 Replies
testing