Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I also have to use Levocetirizine for intense histamine reactions. Benedryl just doesn't cut it at those times. Hope you feel better, Mocha! 😞

I wish you a speedy recovery, poor eyes.  Thank goodness it doesn't hurt.

Aww, I feel for you. I got the similar result when I developed allergy from PMD NFFS all of a sudden. It is no fun 😞

gah! hope the benadryl kicks in 😞

O No! I agree with either the cold towel compress or the tea bags. Or benadryl if you think it might be an allergic reaction?

I feel for you. It looks very uncomfortable. Do you have Chamomile tea bags on hand? Steep 2 tea bags in steaming water. Let them cool down completely. Lie down and place each tea bag over your eyes. I hope you feel better soon!

I get these if I use products that are too rich right before going to bed, or if I have been crying. I make a point to cleanse put my eyes with cold water before closing my eyes for bed. Have you try a cold towel compress on both eyes for 15 minutes? That usually does the trick for me. 

Hopefully it goes away soon!

I've had a similar experience.  I did this to myself a couple times by slathering on way too much eye cream. My guess was the product migrated into my eyes and  caused some sort of blockage.  

Oh no! Does it hurt or sting at all?

That's scary, I've never tried the Sephora Collection sheet masks but just ordered the Black Friday trio but now I'm a tad scared.

I hope you heal fast!

The swollen parts under my eye feel a bit tender, but it doesn't hurt, per se.

the thing that's bothering me is my eyelids- they are sooooo itchy! 

Oh jeez, I hope the Benadryl helps!

Wow! Mocha, have you ever used the mask you did before? I hope you're feeling better.

It was the pearl mask from the Sephora black Friday set.

I've tried a few of the other ones in the past, but this was the first time for the pearl one.

i popped a few Benadryl when I woke up this morning - still waiting for them to kick in :S

Oh my goodness! Thanks for telling us what mask it was. I got that Pearl mask for free, and I'm so glad I haven't tried it yet. That's really scary. Did you contact Sephora about it?

Ouch. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you Adriadne!

I finally got my skincare stuff figured out over the past several months and my skin has been glowy and radiant all the time. Then I had this period of being extra super duper lazy this past week and became very lax in my cleansing / moisturizing routine. That combined with the recent extremely cold weather, and my skin has noticed and is complaining. Sigh. I only have myself to blame.

Eugh, same here. It's awful. My skin was doing really well, and I also got super lazy and well.... hello redness and blemishes!

It's amazing the difference proper cleansing makes. What are your favorite products right now? 

Oops. I missed this - sorry!

I regularly use (when I'm on top of my routine):

a konjac cleansing sponge

Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel

Fresh Rose Floral Toner

Fresh Rose Eye Gel Cream

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Serum

PTR Rose Stem Cell Oil with SPF

Caudalie Vinosource Overnight Recovery Oil

Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet

DDG Peel Pads

Sunday Riley Luna Oil

And I have recently taken to steaming my face in a hot washcloth a few times in the morning and a few times at night. I don't know if it is visibly doing anything to my skin, but it feels great.

I'm trying to submit my final Law School application by midnight and the server crashed. Stress level 7892345642875623

sheldon-hyperventilating-big-bang-theory.gif

9 Replies
testing