Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

That's kinda up for debate.  I kinda think the harbour seals and the raccoons are cute as well.  These are certainly my most graceful (yet skittish)guests:). 

Wow, harbour seals ! Deers have got some serious competition in this case 😉

Awww! Nature at it's cutest. 

Black Friday Before it Was Called Black Friday.......Macy's started it all 🙂

http://www.msn(dot)com/en-us/news/us/what-black-friday-looked-like-before-it-was-called-black-friday...

Erm, I received my order from ELF I made a couple weeks back when they were having 50% off.

Some of the items were missing so I emailed them about the discrepancy and they refunded my entire order....the full order amount...wut?

Can't complain about that!   I just noticed London Drugs carries elf while shopping for labels yesterday.  Didn't buy any cause I'm on a no-buy but just saying. 

Well Merry Christmas to you from ELF!

lol right?

Happy Thanksgiving! Now that holiday festivities can begin-at least in my family 🙂 -I need some help with my list for Christmas. 

This is the first year that I'm celebrating Christmas with my mom's family (as in we didn't even know each other until 8 months ago) and all the kids-myself included-will be receiving presents. Normally I use Christmas as a way to stock up on gift cards to use toward textbooks, schooling, and yes make-up. Since I tend to not make spontaneous make-up purchases and I have no problem buying my stable make-up/skin care routine during the rest of the year, I'm not sure what to put on my list. When I responded with my usual answer-gift cards my aunt asked for physical gifts that I want instead of simply gift cards. I’m really particular about the make-up that I use and I don’t wear eye make-up, so I’m not really sure what to put on my list. I’ve put myself on a no-buy for lipgloss/lipsticks so I don’t want to ask for them especially when I’m not sure about formula, wear time, “is it worth the money” type research pre-buying that I typically do.

So I’m at a little bit of a loss as to what to put on my list. As of right now, I’m thinking some brushes, DDG sulfur mask, and shimmer blushes. Would that work?

*Also, do you guys know of any shimmery blushes that don’t have the name “super orgasm?”

Happy Holidays!

I met my mom when I was 16 (I have vague memories of living with her when I was little).  I think that's super exciting you spending Christmas with a whole new branch of family this year!  You're lucky in the sense you're not going in already resenting or being resented bu anyone;) 

Every year I face the same awkwardness in asking for things.  I figure if they have to ask me what I want they probably shouldn't be buying gifts for me.  I don't like receiving something just to receive something.  Does that make sense?  Your case is certainly different as they haven't had a chance to get to know you.  

As as for shimmery blushes, bobbi brown shimmer bricks are nice.  

I also love benefit rocketeur blush.  It has lots of shimmer but looks so gorgeous on the skin.  

First, Congrats on your First Christmas with your mom's family! I hope you enjoy it. As for the gift situation, I am all for gift cards. They used to be looked at as an impersonable gift and maybe that is what your Aunt is thinking. Personally, I think they make a great gift. I would much rather have a gift card than receive a "physical" gift that I won't use. If you are comfortable talking with your Aunt I would suggest you try to explain to her why a gift card to you is preferable to a "physical" gift. If you are in school and have to pay for textbooks each semester, let her know how much having that gift card would help offset the cost so she can mentally put a personal touch on the card. (Knowing what it is going to be used for).  If you are not comfortable discussing it with her and don't have a specific item you really want, I would just go with  staple items you use. At least then you know you will use it/them. Hope this helps a little.:)

I don't like giving gift cards cause I like to wrap presents.  Sticking a gift card in a box with a rock kinda solves that though.  

If you know what text books you'll be needing they make great gifts for students too!  I know I would've greatly appreciated some of my books being paid for.  

Thank you.  I'll definitely talk to her about it. The staple products idea is really good and makes coming up with a list a lot easier. 🙂

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for Joseph Shivers. Without him, stretch pants would not be possible. I celebrate his genius with another helping of pumpkin pie. 

Bless that man.

Amen. 

Happy Thanksgiving to the most beautiful and kind group of people I've ever met. Have a fun, happy, safe holiday and may you all survive your families 😄

image.jpg

CKLewis is one of the few comedians I really really enjoy!   

Soooooo much truth in this gif. Lol! 

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, pixie! And to everyone on BT 🙂 We phoned it in this year and went out to a Thanksgiving lunch at a favorite restaurant. I am as stuffed as the dearly beloved turkey. 

Happy Thanksgiving! I am very thankful for BT and all of you lovely ladies (and gentlemen). Hope everyone has a great day!

2 Replies
testing