Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Guys, I need you to tell me that the Gwen Stephanie palette is dupable and that I don't need it.  I want it bad.  It's in my cart cause I saw it, but I just announced a no buy.   What is wrong with me?  I don't need more neutrals!  

I got my Gwen Stefani palette yesterday.

I think some of the colors are dupes of others I have, but there really are not as many dupes as in the comparison photo with the ABH World Traveler palette.  For example, the pink in the Gwen palette is more lavender, while the pink in ABH is much more bold.  I think the blues are close, but the yellow in the Gwen palette is very pale compared to the intense gold in the ABH palette.

Most are probably more close to shades in the Naked palettes - I'll compare when I have some time.  

I love neutrals, so this was a good palette for me.

I am disappointed that there wasn't a more fun Harajuku theme, though.

I am anxiously awaiting the lipsticks!

UDxGwen vs. ABH World Traveler palette:

gwen

😘

Gwen Stephanie is cooler than this.  

I have decide I will get it if it's availabke whn the December coupon rolls around - but only because I own no naked palettes except on the run and I work in a conservative industry (finance) so all I wear are neutrals. But, I'm kinda hoping it won't be available by then LOL

No more neutrals for you. You are stronger than this! Hold onnnnn!

I am stronger now that the huz threw in a jewellery bribe.   He said he'll take the amount I spent on makeup this year and buy me jewellery if I can refrain from buying makeup for a year.   Let the record state that it is November 24. 

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!

😮

that is brilliant. 

You do not need it. There is nothing unique about it, and the packaging is BLAH.

I love the darn packaging - but, then, I adore circles and geometrics 😛

Uh oh. I'm sorry! No offense intended to those who like the packaging! It's just not what I was expecting.

I'm not the least bit offended - we don't have to like all the same things 😄

I'm a math geek and a software engineer - I'm pretty sure that's why I find geometrics and symmetry so appealing LOL

I was kinda expecting harajuku girl packaging,  

I can totally understand why the actual packaging would be disappointing for you 🙂

Gwen's disapproval and very aggressive BLAH has talked me out of it lol

She's super helpful!   Crisis evaded!    Thanks Gwen!  

Do. Not. Need.   The packaging is kinda disappointing... Yeah. 

Same with Malday no help here, I've been staring at it for the last 45 mins. I've read Temptalia's review 5 times already. I'm torn, I seriously DON'T need it but I really want it!!

I'm just not even going to read that.  

Step away from the computer screen!

It's highly dupable 🙂

I did.   I really thought I was going to make myself a liar for a second.  

It it is highly dupable.  I know I have all those shades.  

This will get easier.  I've seen people commenting on how it gets easier.  

1 Reply
testing