Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I found the regular Chanel Inimitable was hard to get off, so I'm sure the waterproof was a nightmare!

Ohh really?  I haven't tried the regular one.  Good to know.  I won't waste money on it then.

I didn't know we could do this now LOL! I'm totally wearing a sheet mask on my next flight. Can't wait for my husband's reaction 😄 😄

Getting old and flying sucks. I get cankles for DAYS after I fly now. I had to buy support socks. Makes me feel 90. They definitely help. I asked my doctor and she said "you're just getting old like the rest of us". Nice, real nice. 

Haha you should!  Omg you know what's even funnier?  I put my mask on and my husband says, "Do you have one for me?"  So we were both sitting there with masks on.  😛

Aww!  Wow some doctors!  Haha

A lot of people are starting to wear masks on the plane! I save my SK-II masks for flights or special occasions because after a long flight with recycled air I need it. Those cheap masks from Dr.Jart and other Korean brands are very nice/refreshing during flights too. I really like how more people fly bare faced and are okay with looking a little silly with the mask on. I really admire people who are done up on a flight because I'll just be in sweats and an oversized sweater with my chucks and face mask on hahaha. I hope you're having a great vacation!

^^ add slippers, huge squishy Bose noise cancelling headphones  and a giant cozy scarf and you have my log haul uniform 🙂 

Very similar to mine!    Mine consists of a big fluffy pillow, face masks, eye masks, foldable slippers and earplugs.  

If you happen to be the lucky person I prop my pillow up against you get to share my pillow!  

I also bring a small armoury of cosmetics to freshen up when they announce the last half hour.  

I totally brought some masks with the intention of wearing them on the plane and was amazed at the number of women wearing them.  It was quite fun, all of us "masking" together!  Thank you, I am!

I've heard of the sheet mask thing, cabin air can be really drying for some people so it's a way to refresh the skin.

Hope your trip has been fun!

Well I totally brought some masks for the plane for that very reason but I didn't expect so many people to be doing the same.  It does get very dry and it was actually kind of fun to be sitting there with all these masked women 😉

It is going great, thanks!  I kinda don't even want to go home.  Still have like 3 weeks though, fortunately!

So good to know you are having fun. So next time I travel I must keep the sheet masks in my hand luggage 😉

I'm having a great time, thanks!  You really should!  It was like a mask party!

It's flip floppity freezing at the beach. The winds are so strong. I watched an old man loose his hat. He told me he had that hat for 42 years and it was a sad moment to me. He seemed okay with it though. Old people are like that, I guess?

I did some damage at my favorite store, The Mystic Jewel. I can't wait to shooooow you guysss. 

Also, when are we renting a beach house for a fabulous BT beach-beauty-bonanza? 

Okay, my "freezing" at the beach is probably your perfect temperature because I live in Hawaii although you wouldn't want to swim right now since it's storming. 65 degrees is basically when we pull out our sweaters and coats because it's so "cold" to us. I feel so bad for the tourist expecting sunny and with light trade winds and now they get thunderstorms with 25 mph wind.

Thunderstorms in "winter" season Hawaii sounds like perfection.

It was 43 today at the Outer Banks. So you're right, I will take that 65 degrees!

I hope you are keeping safe from the storms!

Omg that would be the best time...if it were possible. I'm a fabulous bartender so that would be my duty!

Put me in charge of snacks!  I got this!!!  

Hahaha yay! I will be sure to tip you (which will probably just be cookies)!

This sounds like a shop on the Oregon Coast, called The Crystal Wizard. Is The Mystic Jewel like a new-agey crystal-healing kind of shop? I go in those kinds of shops and spend the entire time playing with the resonant chamber bowls... Like the Tibetan singing bowls. But, part of me is saying that the Mystic Jewel is probably more like a jewelry shop?

The Crystal Wizard is an amazing name.

Sounds like a metal band. 

It is just a jewelry shop run by beach hippies. BUT across from it is The Mystic Gift, which is a new-agey shop. Also run by beach hippies.

1 Reply
testing