Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Well I'm glad he's long gone because if she showed up again you know I'd need to step in

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23394-1366766119-5-2.gif

Jeez hearts - that is terrifying! I remember my mom's ex exhibited stalker-ish behavior when I was little. The most he did (that I know about) was call and hang up, and drive by our house. That was enough to be super creepy (this was before FB, etc.)

😣

hugs- noone should have to live in fear

That is the most effing terrifying story. I'm so glad it's eight years in the past and I hope that creep never resurfaces!

I'd block and go private. If you delete the account and start a new one, the person may not be bright enough to realize you did so to avoid him/her. If s/he does, s/he may feel a sense of control. By blocking, you take back control and say no, you may not have access to me. It sends a message. Then, go private to prevent said person from creating a bogus account and following you anyway.

No matter what you do, I am glad you are not rolling over. If this person truly changed, great. S/he does not need to be in your life regardless. Good luck.

Given my line of work my initial thought/response is that this may be stalking behavior.  I always encourage clients to take back their power, starting a new IG may be easier for now but what if they find/follow you again.  You don't want to get into the pattern where their existence is always forcing you to change your behavior.  My vote is to go ahead and block them; if that still makes you uncomfortable block them then change your IG name/photo but I definitely wouldn't recommend deleting and restarting.

Granted I don't know details so I could be way off base. Best of luck!

I'm very sorry to hear you are going through this. My own personal response would be to simply block them but it seems you don't feel that would be an option?

If this is something you feel strongly about then I guess a new IG would be an option, but my fear would be this person would just track you down again and then it would all repeat.

If you feel strongly about creating a new IG I say do it, and perhaps make it a private one?

Deleted the original...

i did let go and move on so this person doing this is malicious behavior, i assure you. i have not engaged in any way, but i'd find peace knowing they had no connection to me, through photos, through social media, through anything. i'd leave my current page up, just move on fresh......

Then follow your heart.  A very long time ago I was stalked for a bit.  And if there is any concern about that...then don't risk it.  Better to be paranoid and safe! 

Get a bunch of advice then you will know what to do.  You almost can't make a bad decision at this point.  You're taking back your power and taking control of the situation.

I am sorry - that really is an emotional drain - I empathize. Do you think if you make a new IG they will find it? Can you leave your old one up as a decoy?

Hmmm.  Is there any possibility that this person has grown/matured and just wants to reconnect with you?

I would take the bull by the horns and perhaps DM them to see why they are getting in touch.  From there if you get the oogie vibes, you can always go ahead with plan A anyway.

frankly, no. they have no business connecting with me whatsoever. 

I'm so sorry...it's not fair that you should have to upend part of your life because of someone else's inability to be a decent person. I have a bit of experience with this and while I don't know your circumstances or exactly what you are feeling I very much empathize with you. ❤️ 

Oh no! The time has come...please help me quickly pass this number by 😛

uhoh.png

Got you. No bueno.

You're the best nc ❤️ 

I just thought I'd share my shame.  I found the cauldron of full sized chocolate bars from halloween.  

I may have eaten four of them in the last two hours.  

🍫🍫🍫🍫

That is one every half hour. I call that restraint. 

2 Replies
testing