Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

You make me want to grow out my pixie cut!  Except...I have stick-straight fine hair, and it would look the exact opposite of awesome.

lolli if it's any consolation, every time i see a girl with short hair, i miss being 'that girl'. i have all my friends and coworkers on call to call me out when i start longing for my short hair again (because i want long hair too. i want it allllll ! 😉 )

I totally get it.  I love having short hair, but sometimes I look wistfully at gorgeous retro Veronica Lake-style hair.  In reality, though, my hair is too fine to ever do anything with it when it's long.  It just hangs (though that worked in my favor when I had bangs).

Fierce and fabulous.

thanks lady

Love it! And I think I have a couple of samples so with my shorter hair now I should try it too!

thanks anewxa ! is your hair curly ?? it looks absolutely beautiful and healthy in that pic down below 🙂

Thanks! I have very wavy hair so the shorter the cut the wavier they look.. i used to scrunch it up alot bfor the long hair and will be doing it again now that its shorter..only thing is i have used zero styling products in the last 2 yrs so i have to re-learn it again and there are so many newer things to try. First on the list is dry shampoo lol and 2nd is a product to hold my waves coz without it when it dries post shower it goes poof. 

If I didn't get samples in my Ulta order, is it worth complaining? And if so, how's the best way to go about it—Facebook, email, phone? 

This is the second order in a row I've had come without the random sample I always select. I'm willing to overlook the first time, but the second time rankles me. (On the plus side, the order I placed Monday arrived today, which is some sort of Ulta miracle. But I'd be willing to wait another day if I got my free stuff.)

UPDATE: I messaged them through FB and they apologized and said they're sending the samples. So that's nice. 🙂

Wow sephora would never do that. Thats great news !

Anonymous Insider

Email them -- they might send you samples or give a small gc. If its those small random samples, they usually send them again.

Calling is always good.  In my experience they typically don't send out missed samples however I have been credited money when they don't include a gwp that they said was in stock or if something was BOGO and they didn't include the 2nd one.

Doesn't hurt to send a fb msg if they are good at replying back..but really i doubt they can do much other than say sorry. My last few sephora orders have been like that but what can a do you know? Tis the season for screw ups. 

Ive been kinda down lately maybe the whole new sahm situation was starting to get to me bcoz i certainly was looking pretty blah.. i didnt have any time to myself being at home..so the other day i happened to be at the mall for return and out of the blue i walked into a random salon and got a chunk of my hair chopped off...like loads of it..like abt 15 INCHES of it..  and it makes me look like 10 yrs younger and so light..im liking it! And it did give me a boost and i feel so much better abt myself..im bit camera shy so just took a side snap..its still not that short..went for a long bob type of style. I forgot to take the bfor but i did take a pic of half of what was chopped off..it looks like a fuzzy animal lolll.20151118_150517.jpg

Screenshot_2015-11-18-16-54-51-1.png

Edit: also had both the kids in the chairs beside me and got them trimmed up too

Screenshot_2015-11-18-17-11-00-1.pngScreenshot_2015-11-18-17-10-32-1.png

Wow your hair looks great! I understand exactly what your saying about being a SAHM. It's hard! It's really hard for me during the winter, less things to take her too and being more isolated! Being on here and "talking" to other adults helps a lot. 

Yup i feel the isolation too esp coz my husband works long hours and this time of the yr gets a bit depressing..thats why I started being more active on BT to help keep me sane!

Pretty! I got my hair cut much shorter as well, a few months ago. It also took a few years off my age, but I already look pretty young so...:D It's okay, I do love it though and it's so much easier to take care of. Some days I do miss the general prettiness of long hair though

I was dreading missing my long wavy locks but its not too bad..it doesnt take me long to grow it out, last cut was jan this yr and it was 10 inches.. i look younger to begin with too but the cut gave me the extra yrs off and suddenly im back at college lol 😉

Your kids are super Adorable. I really like your new hair cut. Mostly because I am a little bored from my own hair right now but I might loose only about 10 inches if I get a hair cut like yours 😉

Aw thanks..their dad was pleasantly surprised to see all 3 with new do's haha.. i had been planning for months but something always came up..then all of a sudden without any plans i just walked in got it over with..wont lie though it was quite a shock washing it after too coz 15 inches is alot and my hands were still programmed to sud up the entire length. 

16 Replies
testing