Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

well, I just saw this and already purchased it, but thanks so much for offering!! 🙂

I recently bought the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and a Sephora makeup brush.. So, the other day, my son goes into the bathroom. Of course, I didn't think anything of it at first, but after he had been in there a while I stopped and asked if he was Ok. He said "yeah" so I went about my business. Finally, I knocked on the door and asked him to open it after he said that he wasn't using the bathroom. I immediately knew by the look on his face that he was guilty of something. Long story short, he wanted to "paint the toilet" and so he had used my foundation as paint and my blush brush as the paintbrush. I had to toss at least $50 dollars in the trash! Luckily, I hated the Nars Foundation, but I was still going to use it! I can't afford to throw away foundations I don't like! Ugh.

OMG!!! You can't make this stuff up! A great story for the future, but I can imagine you were furious!  How old is your son if I may ask?

He is 6 years old!

Fantastic!!!!!   I hope you took pictures for his wedding!!!!   Somewhere in my stash of pictures is a photo of my son with his 'airplane' maxi pads stuck onto our blue bathroom walls.  He was around three or four at the time.  Sigh.  

Yes, I should've taken pictures but I was too angry at the time. I can laugh now, but at the time it was NOT FUNNY! LOL.

That's quite understandable.  His 'art' was a bit on the pricey side.

He'll do plenty more 😜

Oh jeez, that reminds me of when I was a kid (maybe about 6?) and decided to paint my wooden toys with nail polish during "nap time."  Except that was a much less expensive mistake, because it was the kind of nail polish that's for little kids.

P.S. I'm a little grossed out by the thought of a makeup brush being used on a toilet.  Literally.

Yeah, I wasn't even going to try to wash it- just knowing that it had been all over the toilet- I didn't even have to think about it, I promptly threw it in the trash.

Oh my god. I am so sorry but that is a priceless story. Take some solace in the fact that you can embarrass him with that for years to come. 😃

I have an even better story to embarrass him with when he is much older! I will share if anyone is interested in hearing another story.

Yes please!!!!

More stories! 😄

Ok, well a couple years ago we went to my Sister-in-Law's house for Easter. Everyone was there including my Husband's Mom and his Dad and his Wife who we only see about once a year. Anyway, we were all busy talking and hanging out while all the kids were running around playing. I looked up every once in a while to check on them and noticed that my Son was busy playing with a toy, so I just kept on catching up with everyone. After a minute or so, my Son started showing different people the toy he had found and I noticed that people were either silently snickering or backing away uncomfortably, but no one said anything. (Mind you I was talking to people at the same time so I wasn't thinking too much of it.) Finally, my Brother-in-Law comes up to me and says "Joshie, why don't you show your Mom the new toy you found?" So, he puts it in front of my face, then puts it by my ear and says "This is so cool Mom. Listen! Buzzzzzzzzz.......OMG! He has been playing with my Sister-in-Laws little battery size vibrator and showing it to everyone. On Easter Sunday. My Sister-in-Law was mortified to say the least and never left her bedroom door open again. The end.

LOL. I hope you thoroughly washed that kid's hands. Your poor sister-in-law! 😮

Oh no!  That is horrible and hilarious at the same time!  How old is the little stinker?

Old enough to know better! Ha ha. He is 6. I guess he was bored and figured that it was worth getting in trouble to entertain himself....

How are the Jeffree Star lipsticks? Some of those holiday shades are gorgeous, so tempted to place an order! I only own Colourpop liquid lippies, how do they compare?

I find them a bit messy but once they're set they're set!   You can paint pictures on your face with them and they're not going to smear.   

They are a bit dry on but don't cause dryness.  

I have 5 Sephora boxes coming today. Often at this time of year UPS delivers quite late in the day. I am hoping that:

1) The UPS man delivers before my husband gets home.

2) I get home before my husband gets home.

I told him that I was stocking up but I don't think he is expecting the haul that is coming my way...

Random thought today..... I wonder how long it will take for my new bottle of May Coop Raw Sauce to go flying off the bathroom counter?  Klutzes don't like tall and skinny bottles made of glass.

testing