Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I've basically been crying over not owning it and generally being a whiny brat ever since it was first posted on the Nars thread. I'm hoping I'll be able to delve into it this weekend. Is wearing three blushes and a highlighter at once OK? Asking for a friend.

TK - I just got the NARS stuff as well.  I plan to wear it all now.  I was waiting from my swollen face to unswell.

@GC: I look forward to seeing a hint of blush on your lower-face pictures. Wear some lower than usual so I can catch a glimpse. 😉

ALWAYS 😄

Actually...I can tell you with authority it is okay - because at the nars counter last night when I wanted to try it, she used the more berry shade as a contour (I can't really say how I felt about it - this was post champagne shopping), and mixed both blushes on me, and then the highlighter.  I am a neutral girl and I was not offended by this amount of makeup.  

I picked up three foils in addition to the Advil by clicking their "3 free samples" button - surprisigly it doesn't come up during checkout. 

But then, get this - they shipped the foils (and the Advil, which I didn't know I was getting) separately from the palette!! Lol, and they arrived first... so I got a box with just 4 foils and some packing paper, and then had to wait another day for the palette, which should be waiting for me at home right now.

And here I thought Saks shipping their GWP DSs separately was bad... 

Oooh, I knew not of this hidden samples button. I'll have to look for it next time.

Shipping samples separately is so obnoxious. I know it's because they come from separate warehouses sometimes, but in those cases, I'd rather a sample be substituted than the expense and waste of a separate package being sent.

I was going to my local SiJCP to see if any exclusive sets were left and popped into the nearby Sephora - low and behold Same two exact men were at the culver city location buying every set imaginable especially the FRESH sets  - they called ahead to ask to reserve items! No shame!! 

image.jpeg

Agreed - there was a guy in my location buying TONS of perfume.  Like, the SA's were going in the drawers and in the back stockroom to get what he wanted.  

Wow, that is seriously insane. I cannot believe that.

This is so sad. Why do people feel the need to buy up ALL the stock. I get a couple extra for profit.... but this is too much 😞

i agree, I also think it's wrong that i've heard of people getting flagged online for buying multiple in single digits of an item and then seeing this stuff happen in stores. I swear those 2 guys purchased probably 20-30 fresh sets at the first store and then 15 more at the second, thats almost 50 of just the fresh sugar lip balm sets ALONE for two people!!!! I also overheard him going "oh do you not have any more of the give me more lip in the back" ughhhhhhhh..... what's worse is the SA's totally allow it because they want to boost store sales, there were multiple SA's asking the guys if they wanted more baskets and that they would hold the items at the cash rep and check in the back for more stock.

I think the blame lies with Sephora for not putting limits.

Toys R Us puts limits on the # of the same items you can buy with their super popular stuff like Shopkins & Star Wars .even though it's being sold at regular price.

Even the grocery store puts a limit on how much bathroom tissue and chicken breast you can buy when it's on sale, which is good cause if they didn't,  I would be stocking up on bathroom tissue like it was never going on sale again

So true! They should put limits on things because by the time the VIB sale hits it seems as though nothing will be available and it's just luck of the draw which sucks =(

Re-sellers are horrible!! They are ruining things for the rest of us who just want to purchase one item at a good/ok price!

the blame does mostly lie with Sephora however it totally irks me that you can 100% tell these people are resellers. also I know that A LOT of these people are reselling in Asia where Sephora items are much more expensive than it is here in the US/Canada (due to duties), plus since they are getting 20% off it's even more profit for them. so many of these may not even be ebay resellers, there's a whole other market in China specifically where people will pay $$$ for these sets especially because they are unavailable there. 

The second part of your post just made me laugh hahah.  But it is soooooo TRUE!!!!!

Wow that's crazy!  That's so sad for the people who wanted those sets!  

Wow, they even called ahead to put items on hold... Those guys don't mess around about reselling 😕

Yeaaa...I'm pretty much assuming that the lady I saw is hitting up all of the stores in the area. Resellers tend to do that.

I hope it's ok to post this here. Christmas is stressing me out so badly. My boyfriend asked for one thing, and it was a box set of all the Quentin Tarantino films. There is only one collection set available but the movies in it weren't the right ones, so I decided to build a custom box set. It shouldn't be this hard! Apparently you can buy a customized everything EXCEPT a DVD slip case. I bought all the DVDs already and now just need to make the slip box. I found a DIY video so that will have to do since you can't just order a box like that. And then I will have to cover it somehow to make it look like a real dvd box.

I contacted an artist to ask permission to use her picture of QT and see how much it would cost, and to see if she could do the art for the box. When I told her what kind of gift it was for she tripled the original estimate. She tripled it because it was a Christmas gift

Sorry for this rant but I am so frustrated. I have this one thing to get that is really important to him and I am continually messing it up 😞

Shannon, I work with some talented illustrators. Depending on the style of the picture you wanted, they might be able to create something like it for a reasonable price. PM me and link to the photo you wanted, and I can see if any of them can do that for you for a reasonable amount, if you want of course. I'm also happy to give you free design consultation. Just an option.

3 Replies
testing