Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

IMG_1097.jpg

Thank you!!! Glad I'll be able to get some sleep tonight. 

Nothing worse than stalking for make up all night....but I would have done it to make sure I get it for her.

You're welcome!  You're such a good stepmother!  Jeffree Star normally does releases in the morning PST just fyi.  I know because I'm an avid fan, I have most of his lipsticks so far.

don't quote me but I think JS last release was 3pm EST - 12pm PST

No no, it's at 10 AM PST!  On Beautylish and on the JS website.

Thanks! Happy someone could confirm 🙂

Of course!  I'm a JS aficionado so happy to help 🙂

Fatima/MK - just got back from the Toronto event and I have some swatches 🙂

i1105155mage.jpeg

I did both Ginger (right, patchy swatch) and Biscuit (left swatch)

Compared are Sephora Bright Future 10, 11, 12, 13 for both.

10 is the best match to Biscuit and 11 is the best match to Ginger, although Ginger/11 is not as close a match.  

Thanks so much Mocha!! 10 is looking good to me. 

Mocha, this is actually helpful for me as well! Biscuit is great match for my under eyes color wise, but I dislike the formula. I think I will get 10 and 12 in the Sephora formula. Thank you! 

Thanks Mocha! I wasn't able to swatch anything because it was so crowded. You are right 11 is close to ginger but not a exact dupe. I think I'll stick with ginger and pass the Sephora bright future.

What is this orangy brown swatch at your wrist? It looks pretty.

🙂

i wanted to check 14 too, but it was the only one missing.  I'm sure it would be too dark.

the orange swatch is kvd Lightning liner - Ludwig.

Now I want Ludwig too 😉

I saw this on Instagram recently 

IMG_1093.jpg

I find it so nice and refreshing.  I think it's crazy that as soon as fall starts all the stores put out their holiday decorations.  

Lovely - I agree with this ides. Target had all the Christmas stuff up day after Halloween (with 1/2 off Halloween stuff sitting next to it)

Yeah I just was at Target yesterday and saw the Christmas stuff.

I really like the way Nordstrom thinks.  All of the TJ Maxx's and Marshall's by me have been totally decked out for Christmas it's almost like Halloween and Thanksgiving doesn't even exist anymore.

Anonymous Insider

The shopping center near me already has Christmas music out. I wouldn't mind, but it is a bunch of vocal songs so the next two months are going to get annoying with how often I have to get over to that Target. Would it hurt to put a few instrumentals in since that's more subtle?

I'm right there with you! I only listen to All Classical for my holiday music. I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas music.

I love all holiday decorations. I vote for Christmas being lumped in with the rest and festivities spanning three months, with all the festive holidays mixed together. With egg nog and pumpkin pie for at least 1/4 of the year.

I guess if I celebrated Christmas it would be different but I don't and I don't do anything for Halloween either so Thanksgiving ends up being the only fall/winter holiday I do.  Also I like the more non literal decorations.  I went to Spain back in 2008 and they had all these lights that were obviously for Christmas but they weren't all red/green everywhere.

testing