Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

You know, I like it too!  Also I like seeing brush strokes in my nail polish.

so today, I decided to try the sample of Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer that I recently received with a Sephora order. I was never against primers, but I didn't think they were necessary before, I guess because I've never used a good one. I'm extremely oily and my foundation tends to melt off if I don't blot hardcore all day long. But today this primer kept my skin soooo matte, but not dry. I haven't even blotted once!! t's such a satisfying feeling when you finally find a product that works for you! I'm so excited to purchase a full size 🙂 

I also tried a sample and was so impressed by how flawless this primer made my skin look. I think it made me break out afterwards but it's just so good and keeping you matte all day!

Good for you if it worked for your skin. I have very oily skin and tried this primer but it did nothing for me.

I feel like even writing this is going to jinx me, but I *think* I have finally gotten my skin back under control.

I'm sure at least part of it has to do with the changing of the seasons/cooler weather, but in addition to that, I've made a few other tweaks to my routine.

Firstly, I've gone completely back to basics.  I am only cleansing and moisturize/eye creaming during the day, and doing those plus the occasional exfoliating pad followed by oil at night.  I will start re-introducing other steps slowly once I am sure things are better.  

Secondly, I switched up the time I'm using exfoliating pads.  When I first started using them it was at night and that worked fine.  A few months ago I decided to use them in the morning instead and maybe that was part of the problem - who knows?  Anyway, I stopped doing that, and my skin has been looking better.  

Lastly, I've been using a face lotion that I'd normally avoid, but it seems to have helped in a way I wouldn't have expected.  A while back I picked up a 'try me' kit from Skyn Iceland.  They market themselves as a brand for 'stressed skin' and I know that's just a pretty marketing angle, but I've enjoyed their mask treatment occasionally.  I've been using their Antidote cream for about 2 weeks now on my problem areas and it has inadvertently been great for stopping the spread of breakouts.  When I tried it a few months ago, I wasn't overly impressed, but using it on acne has had unexpected benefits.  See, it is a cooling/mentholly product and the areas I've been having problems have been SO ITCHY that it is a struggle not to scratch.  Well, the menthol deters me from scratching because it soothes the skin.  Thus, less scratching = less spread of bacteria and less flare ups.  Win!

Great! Good to know your skin is behaving and more importantly you get an idea about the reason of your skin problems. I know how relaxing it feels when you get rid of a annoying problem. I am totally with you about overuse of exfoliating pads. I was using exfoliating pads every night though instructions said to use morning and night. I'm blessed with the skin that rarely ever has a problem but in last few weeks I noticed when I use a mask that has even slightest exfoliating particals, I feel kind of burning on my skin. I reduced the use of pads and now I'm using them only twice a week and I stopped using exfoliating masks.

In fact I have around a dozen pads left. Once they finish, I'll not be using any for next couple of months.

I'm so happy your skin is bouncing back! That's always a good feeling! I  had an issue last year where I was doing too much and ended up with an acne breakout. I went back to the basics... and a dermatologist and I'm back in business. It took a while for everything to finally work itself out, but it taught me a valuable lesson; less is more and don't try every fad. 

I agree! It took me a minute to figure out I was exfoliating too much, and with products my skin didn't like. I went back to doing nothing and now I exfoliate/peel once a week and my skin has never been happier. Figuring out I don't agree with BHA's made a large difference too. Now I just have to resist all the new things I want to try since I know what the results will be. 

Good job Mocha - fingers crossed your skin stays happy!!

My face can't handle BHA's either! AHA's are my friend (glycolic acid, lactic acid) but I can't use anything with salicylic acid. 

I love love love REN's glycol lactic acid peel (renewal mask - whatevs). Definitely my favorite peel type thing 🙂

My face has been loving Sunday Riley good genes. If you haven't tried it yet you should.

Peel wise I really like the OH power peel. I probably have a sample of the REN peel in my sample drawer. I might give it a try.

I'll just leave this here.... Hahahaha

image.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

I just watched a you tube of this video with no music. Hilarious. He's talented but he can't dance.

One time I dropped my jar of face moisturizer and I literally watched 1/4 of the jar splatter on to the floor. 😞

Sad panda 😞 🐼

Men (sigh)

So, I'm wearing my brand spankin' new Stavros today, and the hubs comes home from work.  It goes a little something like this...

Him (looking very intently at me, concerned): Are you ok?  Your lips are blue.  

Me: They're not blue, it's a lipstick.

Him: You might want to try another shade.  You look like you've been stuck out in the cold for hours.

I refuse to take color 'suggestions' from someone who is clearly colorblind 😄

LMAO!!!!!! You should wear it on date night. 

Hahahaha!    Embrace the blue!   Use it as an excuse to get warm-me-up cuddles! 

Well he's just wrong. You look gorgeous in that color and now I really want it!

It's ok. The first time I wore it, my boyfriend made a reference to Halloween, and had similar comments about the absence of color in my face lmao. 

The he point is - we both look stunning in Stavros, and nuts to them lol :x

My mom has similar feeling about when I wear "Tootsi" by Colour Pop...that I've been left out in the cold...or I've been sucking on a Popsicle...which makes way less sense.

2 Replies
testing