Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Was that the one that was half broken in her photos?

I think I've used maybe 3 things from MAC in my whole life.  I don't know what it is about them, but it's not a brand for me :S

I kinda have Mac lumped into the stage makeup category- not as a brand name.   I expect colour.  My expectations don't go beyond that.  It's when they fail at that that I start to question what's up.  

Yup, that's the one.

I absolutely detest the brand. I started out in high school using it because I didn't know any better and it's such an ubiquitous brand but as I got more informed I could see how there were better products out there.  Also their sales force leaves much to be desired.

We all needed a lipglass from MAC in HS! LOL!!! Mine was Cultured.

MAC made makeup fun and affordable.

I still remember going to the department stores and feeling anxiety because so many SAs wanted to talk to me and feeling I had to buy something. 

That's exactly where I'm coming from!  I actually used to work at Macys back in high school and those MAC SAs were always pushing products on me and trying to give me makeovers.  At that time I hadn't learned that I have the power to say no but I let them do whatever.  They would cake so much makeup onto my face and at the time I didn't even wear makeup regularly.

I have only two lipsticks and one foundation brush from Mac. I am not in love with them but I like them fine. What I don't get it why they are always releasing LE collections. I mean it feels fine when a brand release a few LE collection in a year but with MAC it seems they release a new LE collection every month. OK a bit exaggerated 😉 

That is maybe not exaggerated enough.  I would say two or three collections a month.  

That's one of my big peeves from them also.  I hate that they release all those LE collections esp when a lot of the items are repackaged versions of things from the permanent line.  Drives me up the wall that people pay extra $ just for the packaging.

I find their formulas just so average esp now when there are so many higher quality brands out even drugstore ones.

In a weak moment I subscribed for their email but they force me to unsubscribe due to all this hype of LE collections.

Yikes.  I know what you mean.

I just wanna say that after two days of using Boscia peeling gel followed by fab radiance pads on my feet, they are feeling soooooo super soft.   My feet love me today. 

This is a great idea!  I have some FAB pads hanging around that I will probably never use on my face.  Now I know what to do with them.

On a related note, I recently pulled a sample sized bottle of Josie Maran Argan Oil out of my stash and have been massaging into my toe nails every day to try and revive them.  Again, a product I was never going to use on my face, but my nails are looking better already.

Ahhhhhhh, the argan oil is my favourite product for my dry bleached hair!  It calms everything down and makes my hair shiny!   

Whoa hearts! I have both these products sitting around. See whose feet are going to shine soon 😉

Woohoo!   Shiny feet!  They were just lying around my place as well cause I've found, maybe not better, but more enjoyable face products. 

You are brilliant! I have an entire box of the FAB pads lying unused! ..And I have horrible feet. 

Yay!  Glad I could inspire using up some items that would otherwise be neglected:). They're great for dry knees and elbows a well.   

Ohh that's a good idea!  I have tons of samples of that peeling gel and have been trying to pass them along to others but I never thought to use them on my feet!

Haha, I do as well.  I was going to book a mani pedi the other day for a pick me up but then decided my feet were in too embarrassingly bad shape to pay someone to touch them, lol.   In a couple more days I will be going in with feet in better condition.  I'm that person who would clean the house before the maid arrived,  

Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this BUT, is the Chosungah 22 24H Raybeam highlighter in Pink Glow (sold on Sehora) the same as the Chosungah 22 24H Raybeah up Cream (sold on the Cosungah22 website)?  The highlighter doesn't exist on the Cosungah22 website so I was hoping it was the same thing as the cream. The cream looks like a really nice luminous/hydrating priming base, and I would like to get my sticky hands on it.

http://www.sephora.com/24h-raybeam-highlighter-P401102

Oh. My. Goodness.

Dirty Money on me

image.jpeg

====

image.jpeg

I'm HORRIFIED! Maybe if my hair was stick straight, I was sporting a cat eye, and wearing Alexander Wang, then I *MIGHT* be able to pull this off!

(Wearing absolutely nothing else except sleep deprivation likely isn't helping)

8 Replies
testing