Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Please post pictures!

TTBC got it...Lotte Department store...

Will do!  

From my limited experience - Etude House for makeup. Though their stuff seems to be rather fun/young to me, which I like but YMMV 🙂

If it's pretty I generally like it!  I am a small child inside which is why jill Stuart cosmetics appeal to me do much;). 

I just bought a headband (Etude House but I purchased it from Amazon) to hold my hair back when I wash my face and it's white with little cat ears that stick up. So that pretty much tells you all you need to know about why I like the Korean cosmetics 🙂

[ETUDE HOUSE] My Beauty Tool Lovely etti Hair Band

For skincare I enjoy quite a few CosRX products 🙂

CosRx products aren't sold in Korea 😞

I just checked them out, thanks.  I think I'm interested in finding a few of the snail products.  

I officially have mum hair.

And for the the few moments I don't, I look like a 12 yr old.

I might have to get creative pretty quickly.  A long time ago, during a bad haircut....I made a few braids (skinny braids) with the bad hair and wore the rest of it down.  It has been years though.  I might have to do that again.  I need to find hair accessories....

This sucks donkeyballs.  I went from spending 1 minute on hair every morning to 15 minutes of fretting each morning everyday for the past few days.  This will not do!

You probably look beautiful, but I'd love to see it (if you want to text me).

Isn't mum hair when you've essentially given up on styling it?  

I define mum hair as just frumpy.  I look frumpy.

I don't really "style" my hair...as in I don't use a product to keep a style..  If my hair is healthy and cut properly, it does what i want it to do.  I have long hair that I just wear down....it si mostly free flow.

My poor haircut right now doesn't allow for the free flow.

Maybe it doesn't have your definition of free flow, but from your lip pics I can see it still looks beautiful.  

Thansk hearts 🙂

My hair is my blankey.  When I used to wear glasses, my hair and glasses were my comfort items.  Then I got lasik and now I have no glasses to keep me occupied.  My hair is on double duty.....

My hair is the longest it's ever been, it's hitting just below my waist, since having the baby I've had the urge to chop it all off into a bob. 

To mom hair or to not mom hair lol. 

Short hair can be sooo cute, though! I gave up trying to grow out my hair and chopped it all off for Thanksgiving and I LOVE IT! So easy to wash, dry & style in the mornings, and when I have a bad hair day I just clip a few longer chunks back with a cute barrette (Star Wars usually lol) and I can usually pass it off as 'intentionally messy' LOL 😉

Congrats on the baby!!  Sometimes short hair can be more work than long hair.  I used to have hair to my waist and to my hips.  I could just let it go free flowing, or tie it in a bun and be ready in 2 minutes.  I now have shoulder length hair with lots of layers and it takes more work...and it's harder to hide bad hair days!

Stephani, my hair is to my waist as well.  I just got my usual trim and upkeep of the layers in my hair. It is just the layers around my face that is messed up. 

You are not alone. Lol

What do people think about Color Club nail polishes? I'm currently obsessed with the holographic and oil slick ones, but I'm trying to decide on colors. Amazon has a 6 pack of holos for a good price. Does anyone have any thoughts on them or favorite shades? I'd like to get 4 total to split between myself and my mother - 2 holos and 2 oil slicks.

Anonymous Insider

All the photos I've ever seen of them are amazeballs. Look up the justjan26 Instagram, the Vine of We'll Never Be Royals .... drool.

Nevermind, found a YT that was smarter about showing the shift. I have this muted so I have no idea if she's annoying.

I'd say the standouts are ice breaker, it's raining men, we'll never be royals, and don't kale my vibe. I think IRM is way too similar to WNBR which has a more dramatic shift.  I'd pick Royals and Kale. I'm really not impressed by the holos though. The ones I Love Nailpolish and Chiralty do look better to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXJVRLNSE3I

testing