Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Biotin and wine.  That's how I dealt with my bad haircut.  And crying.  It will grow back!!!

Wine - check

Cashews by the pound - check

Crying - check

Taking the scissors to my own hair - horrors....*check*.

Crying - check

I might have slightly mended it.  On the up side, my hair is feeling quite healthy today.  Healthy hair makes it all ok.

O no! Crying more before or after the scissors to your own hair 😉 

Yup...crying in two phases.

Oh no! Pregnancy brain (on the hairdressers part)?? Hopefully it grows quickly!

Yes! That is what I blame it on Zpsid 🙂

Oh dear!  Bad haircuts are the worst.  It's why I barely get mine cut. 

Nope...not when a bad haircut is in the picture.  I'm still recovering from my last one two years ago.  My heart goes out to you...

But it probably looks amazing!

I will stay strong Megan 🙂

Good luck!  I broke on more than one occasion...

Approximately one million pages ago, I asked for a red-pink lipstick recommendation. A kind soul (whose name I didn't write down, please identify yourself!) suggested NYX Bloody Mary. I just picked it up today, and while I don't think it's a 100% match, it's a lovely color, so I'll be ending my crazy lipstick hunt there. Thank you to everyone who suggested lipsticks! In the end, there were about 20 suggestions, and lots of really generous people made swatches or PM'd me. Thank you, thank you, thank you, BTers!

(The hunt also has to stop because I've just been informed of how much a bachelorette party I'm going to is going to cost ... so the $6 lipstick it is!)

Stopping by to dutifully identify myself! 😉

Yaaay, glad you like it! It's really an awesome red. One of my faves.

Heart

I have NYX Bloody Mary and really like it!  Other recommendtaions in the same formula: 🙂

Perfect Red

Aria

Merlot

Siren, too!

NYXSiren.jpg

Anonymous Insider

That looks a lot like one of the Vamp shades, maybe Enamoured?

Hmm you ladies are such enablers! I think I need a bunch of NYX lipsticks now 😉

These are great! You do need a bunch... or two! 😄

Here are some swatches for you:

I am taken by street cred!  

They just opened a NYX store at my mall, and thanks to this I will probably go and buy everything hah.

Ily Lyra!! Thank you. Bloody Mary looks amazing 

3 Replies
testing