Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Dumb beauty move - just painted my nails with what I thought was Zoya's Chocolate but it turns out that it actually is Sansa.  Sigh.  Oh well.

image.png

Randoms BT Thought.... 

This layout.  Does it look like a Mobile Layout?!?!? Maybe that's why it does this.....๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

lol @ the test text.

Somebody should send Candace a Marula Luxury Face Oil (or w/e that link is) with a Christmas card in it! Signed "Pls hurry with mobile! - Love, BT"

This is for Pav- and anyone else curious-

priya.jpg

I pulled out everything I could think of that might come close. In person, the closest were both Bachelorettes (liquid lip is matte), Vera (semi-matte), D for Danger (matte), and MJ Headliner (matte)

Top row L-R: KVD Studded Kiss Bauhau5, MJ Magenta, KVD Painted Love in Bachelorette (discontinued), KVD Liquid lip in Bachelorette, NARS Vera, NARS Janet, NARS Fanny, MAC Heaux (amplified), MAC D for Danger, MAC Acai, MJ Kiss Pop in Headliner

Bottom row L-R: ColourPop ultra matte in More Better, Bad Habit, Bad Habit w/ More Better on top

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

Oh my absolutely gorgeous photo!!!!

I know...I wish I looked like her ๐Ÿ˜„ 

OMG! 80% of these are potential dupes. And forget PC, I now want all of these anyway ๐Ÿ˜„ Is Acai limited edition? I think I'm going to add Janet & Vera to my November list. I also like the first KVD one ..still drooling! Thank you so much MK, you are so sweet!  

HAHA ๐Ÿ˜„ you're welcome! I love all of these colors as well. Acai was LE from earlier this year. You should definitely get Janet and Vera, they're gorgeous colors!

Thanks mk...color pop looks the closest but I guess pav can decide for herself..I'm shopping your swatches lol..

I see that Lush has their Christmas stuff up on their website but my beloved Rose Jam isn't there ๐Ÿ˜ž

All this I've been hearing about Rose Jam I was honestly looking forward to trying it this season lol

Hopefully it's just early and is yet to be released!

I was so hoping for So White shower gel to come back ๐Ÿ˜ž It didn't seem they had Christmas shower gels, so maybe there's hope that they're releasing later?

That's right.  I didn't see any either.  I hope you're right.  I'm terribly disappointed.

BT - I need advice!  I bought this powder eye liner today (also an entire cool tone palette but that is besides the point).  I looove the colors but I am terrible at doing eyeliner that is a pencil, let alone these powders.  Should I return or learn? 

bb_prod_EE2C03_290x315_0.jpg

I think these look so great! I use a similar powder from an old lancome palette to tightline (my upper waterline).  I actually use the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush - dip it into a little water, then apply to the upper lash line.   If you go with the brush less saturated/a little dryer, you can get a softer line.  Good luck!

I think it's worth it to learn. If you have the Real Techniques Starter Kit (the one with the eye brushes), take the angle brush and push the very edge of the brush into the powder. Then, in short strokes, work the product into the base of your lashes. This will create more of a smoky effect than a crisp line. To get a bold line, I would dampen a precision liner brush with Visine/Fix+/water before dipping into the powder. You could then use it the same way you would a pencil liner, or you can use short strokes or dots and connect them. I find that's the easiest way to avoid fudging a line.

Thanks GPL - this is very helpful, thank you!

Do you currently do something else, or do you just not do liner at all? If you're used to using liquid or gel liner, it should be fairly easy to use this, because the hand motions and whatnot are similar with an angled brush.

If you don't do liner at all, I would still suggest trying it for a bit before returning (or trading it away). Such pretty colors! I have the burgundy one, and it's the nicest powder liner I've ever used in terms of ease of application.

I typically wear pencil - sometimes a "softer" more gel-like pencil.  I never wore liner until last year, so it has been a learning process to even use that, but I have improved (slightly).

That said, I am keeping this.  I tried tonight and while its it was not perfect application, the "powder" is so fine that it seems workable.  And the color is amazing!

So I've mentioned before how I've been trying to get rid of the excess the last few months and most I've donated and some items I've put up for sale locally. Yesterday I was meeting with a woman that was buying several items from me and she asked how I accumulated so much makeup. I said I just enjoyed it and some items came as sets or gwps. She asked if I work at Sephora, I said no, she's like "are you one of those Youtubers then?"

I'm like nope, she's like "so you just really like this stuff?" I shrugged and smiled.

I wasn't offended because she was genuinely confused and interested in my obsession, but I started wondering what she would think if she saw the full stash of both what I've given away or still have =\

Lol. I find it odd that someone buying makeup from you would be so baffled by that idea... She must be interested enough to go beyond grabbing something that looks right from the drugstore.

Given the existence of the Youtubers, I really think it should be obvious that other people are similarly into it on an "amateur" (even more amateur?) level. I mean, the Youtubers have fans/followers, so...

But yeah, the concierge at my building, who has no idea what I buy beyond number of Sephora and Ulta boxes, totally judges me. Bah. I doubt I spend a fraction of what she does on her hair, so ๐Ÿ˜›

1 Reply
testing