Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

GC - cuts always feel so dramatic - The first time I wash hair after a cut and keep shampooing past where my hair is I have a little moment.  But I'm sure yours looks great!

Exactly! When I am not having a good hair day, my face feels oily and tired. Even my makeup doesn't look as good. When I have a great hair day, I feel so good!! Even without makeup or any fanciness 😄 But it doesn't work like that when my makeup is great and hair sucks 

Cupcake....I know exactly how you feel!

My hair was feeling like straw the past few days.  There will be a pep in my step tomorrow.

Judging by the bottom of your hair in all your lip pictures, you have stunning hair! It is so thick and soft looking-not at  all straw like!  I definitely walk peppier when my bangs are peppy too 😉

I agree. With my undereye circles, I haven't found a concealer to tame them even if I'm wonderfully hydrated and had a million hours of sleep, let alone when I'm surviving on six or fewer hours. This makes me super sad, as, if I was able to be well-rested all the time, I would be already. It's just not achievable right now, so the makeup has to suffer a bit.

TKLJ - I feel your pain.  This struggle is real, but I have not given up hope yet.  

I can't decide between LM Caviar Eye stick in Moonlight or MJ Twinkle Pop in Au Revoir. I just want a sparkly cool toned metallic-ish taupe. I've never tried either formula. Is one better than the other? Online swatches look almost exactly the same. What would you guys recommend?

I tried one Twinkle Pop a while ago and found it to be a little harder to apply with my eye shape than the Caviar sticks. It creased on me too, but I know that the quality varies by shade

Kiko cosmetics has a sparkly taupe shadow stick too, I think I have it and will do a swatch for you if you're interested 🙂

I don't touch the twinkle pops for that very reason.    I like the Armani ones!  They don't crease at all.  

I'm afraid of the Kiko website because when I went on there a few days ago I wanted about 20 things and it seemed dangerous haha

It's totally dangerous for me as well, so I've been avoiding it for a while. I got the taupe shadow stick from a lovely BTer who mailed it to me from the store location near her

Moonlight is one of my most favorite eye shades ever, hands down. and I love the caviar stick formula! but I don't have the MJ, so I can't compare for you. 😞

Thank you taylor 🙂 

It's good to see another vote for the LM formula

I own both Caviar Eyes and Twinkle Pops (although none in the colors you want) and I like both. Can I put a vote in for the MJ one just because I like the sparkles more? 😉

Yes. Let's sparkle into oblivion. It's hard to tell which sparkles are nicer in the swatches. 

I'm changing my vote to "order both while drunk, preferably during the holiday sale."

I don't suppose that LM shade is in one of the holiday sets and you can trade for it?

I haven't tried the MJ but I have tons of the caviar sticks and I totally recommend them!  The formula is amazing - blendable, long lasting, and creamy.  

I think I am leaning toward the LM because people seem to prefer that formula overall and the swatches look a little smoother. Just a little though. 

So I guess this might not be beauty related, but I was trying log into BT on my phone earlier and it brought me to this strange page that looked like a mobile version of the forum populated by really old posts. I was very confused but it was cool. It might have been some weird test page? I still wish we had some sort of mobile BT...

Spoiler
image.png

happened to me too at work, home and phone!!!!  for the last 2 days

then i tried to google the issues and finally got back on here!! 
HAHAHA 

image.jpg

1 Reply
testing